First Date Together Pt. 1

Inside your dream, you were sitting on a hill that was higher than all of the others. Below you it flattened out into a plain and the sun was gone from the sky but there was light all around the hills. The grass was soft underneath you and it looked like Instagram had put a filter over everything. There was a tree behind you that was taller than the average size. The wind lightly blew past your face as you looked down at the plain. 

   ' This is nice. '

You couldn't see anything wrong with this dream world insight and flowers would even pop up here and there. Most of them were red roses and they filled the grassy plain one by one. There were thin clouds in the sky that passed by every so often. You looked out on the roses and around the hills. You spotted something start to walk out from behind one of the hills, but your vision started to go hazy as the figure became clear. When you woke up you couldn't remember who it was you saw coming from behind the hill. But you played it off as nothing. You got up from your bed and slowly slipped the covers off, not fully awake yet. You grabbed some clothes that looked kind of fancy but wouldn't be too uncomfortable and went into the bathroom to shower. You put on the clothes, did a light layer of makeup, and started to dry your hair. 

   " Y/n, are you ready? " Bruno asked knocking on your door. 

   " Almost! " You yelled. 

You put the finishing touches on your look and slipped your shoes on. You walked to your room door and opened it to see Bruno waiting for you outside the door. He was dressed in black slacks, and a half sleeve, button-up, light blue shirt with the first two buttons undone on the collar. He wore fancy black shoes on his feet and his hair was styled neatly. 

   " Ready? "

   " Yup. You look nice. "

   " Well, I want to look good for our first date. You look good too. "

   " Thanks. Are we eating breakfast here or are we picking it up? "

   " We'll be eating here. I've made pancakes, and they're waiting downstairs for us to go and eat. "

You nodded and followed Bruno downstairs. He pulled out the chair at the island for you and you sat down as you started eating your pancakes putting butter and syrup on each layer. They were delicious and you enjoyed every bite of the pancakes. You made sure not to spill syrup on your clothes while you ate. Bruno finished his quickly and threw away the paper plate. When you finished he took the plate and put it in the trash. He made sure all of the electronics were off, and grabbing the picnic basket, before walking to the front door and opening it for you. You walked out and walked to the car, giving him time to lock the door. He jumped in the car and started the engine. You relaxed as he started driving towards the park with the sun shining in the windows. Bruno parked his car right outside the park gates and got out of the car, opening the door for you. You got out of the car and followed him into the park. You both walked side by side on the track with the sun rays hitting your body making you feel warm. 

   " It's a really nice day. I'm glad that we decided to do this today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. " You said.

   " I was afraid it would rain today. The news said that there was a sixty percent chance it would rain today, but the clouds don't look too bad. "

   " Do we have an umbrella in case it does rain? "

   " Nope, I forgot to grab one. But I think we will be just fine. "

   " I'm blaming you if I get wet. "

   " Fine with me. I'll make you some hot chocolate if we do get rained on. "

   " Now, I kind of want to be rained on. "

Bruno chuckled a little and gently held your hand. You squeezed his hand and he squeezed yours back. You both walked around the park conversing with each other, laughing and smiling. 

   " So, is Maria staying on campus all summer? "

   " Yeah, her job requires her to be there for the sorority purposes and for the campus purposes. She doesn't really want to go back home either so for her it's a win-win situation. "

   " You told me she didn't have the best home life. "

   " Has anything gotten better? "

   " Not really. She doesn't talk to her parents and she wants to be as far away from them as possible. So, she likes staying on campus. "

   " I'm glad she's doing things for herself and not letting anyone control her actions or hurt her for her choices. No one deserves that, especially Maira> You've told me how she's worked so hard for her grades and position in the university. "

  " She deserves the best. "

   " What if you invite her down one day? A day when she's off and you two can spend a girls day together and relax. "

   " Sounds nice. I might if you're okay with it. "

   " I'm fine with it as long as I don't wake up in the morning with my eyebrows plucked and a face mask on my face. "

   " Oh, we wouldn't do that. We would put red lipstick on you as well. "

   " What have I brought myself into. "

   " A world of chaos. "

   " Great, I'm going to have chaos wrecking my house. "

   " Not completely. "

   " But it's still going to happen. "

   " Hey, I cleaned the house after you wrecked it with pizza boxes and dirty dishes. "

   " I was working! "

   " Still! I'm not your mama, I shouldn't have cleaned it all up. "

   " But you did. And I appreciate you for doing it. Are you ready to go for the drive? "

   " Sure. "

Bruno walked with you, hand in hand, back to the car. You got in and he opened the windows letting the breeze into the car. He started pulling out of the parking lot and out of the park.