One out of a Million

" Your fever has gone down since this morning. And you don't look as pale. How are you feeling? "

   " Weak. "

   " You will probably until the morning. But don't worry when you wake up, you'll feel better. "

You and Bruno were sitting on the couch talking about the events of the day. You had a blanket that covered your knees and legs that you brought to your chest. Bruno sat across from you, and he had his knees to his chest as well. 

   " So, can you tell me what happened early this morning? You cam into my room shaken up before going back to sleep. "

   " I. . .I don't really remember. "

You couldn't remember why you walked into Bruno's room or why you were scared. But unknown to you, Shao had kept your memories repressed so you couldn't remember what happened when you woke up. Only when you go to sleep would you remember, and that was the only place you could go to and remember. But you tried to remember what happened to make you so scared.

   " Well, that's okay. I was just worried for you this morning. "

   " Do you have to go back to work tomorrow? "

   " Yeah, I do. But I don't think my boss will be there. "

   " Why? "

   " Do you remember walking into the kitchen this morning when I was on the phone? "

   " Yeah. Was that your boss? "

   " Soft of. One of the superiors from the main agency has come down to observe us personally and carefully. I told you how they've been evaluating us, but it seems it's time for their second test, which is more personal. "

   " Personal how? "

   " They pretend to work in the agency here and they bring problems to you and see how you react. "

   " Have you gone through your personal test? "

   " Yeah, the guy's name is Jin, and I think I impressed him with what I did. He was evaluating my boss this morning when I called. He answered the phone instead of my boss and then he let my boss, Mr. Arden, take the call and he observed how my boss would reply to me. He wasn't very positive but Jin took the phone back and gave me the day off today. "

   " Jin, sounds. . .a little intimidating. "

   " He's actually very outspoken, and free. He's intelligent and he deserves the title he's given, but he's very aloof and carefree. "

   " At least he's not intimidating then. "

   " He's really not. Maybe you can meet him one day if you come to visit me in the office. If he's still there. "

   " I've never really visited you at work before. "

   " Yeah, so why not visit one day while you're here? I would love to have you in my office for lunch or to just talk. "

   " Sure, one day I'll go and visit. "

   " I'll have some lunch for us on that day. "

You nodded and turned your head towards the TV. The news was on, and you were just watching the pictures as they passed by. Bruno's feet were touching yours, and he tapped his toes on yours in a rhythm. You smiled and looked towards him.

   " What rhythm are you tapping your toes to? "

   " I don't know. A random song in my head. "