To Rest

Bruno glanced between your chained form and Shao. He knew he needed to get you out of here, but that started to seem more and more impossible. To free you, it seemed like he would have to kill Shao to free you, but he didn't know how to do that. Last time you had killed Ji-Young, and he wasn't there to see how you opened up your inner mind.

   ' I need a water source or a doorway. Somewhere I can slip through, but how can I get away from Shao in order to get there? If I leave now he's going to know where I'm going because he knows I wouldn't just leave Y/n. '

Shao stood up from the chair, and he walked over towards your bed. He sat down on the side of the bed, and his head turned towards you. Bruno started to step backward slowly. Hoping Shao wouldn't notice

   " She's much better asleep. She can't retaliate, she can't escape, and I can admire her up close with glare being thrown my way. "

Bruno imagined a massive lake behind him, and he hoped it would appear behind him. 

   " And while she's asleep, she won't know that I killed you. "

Bruno took another step back and heard a small splash of water. He knew the lake behind him would lead him to your inner mind. Shao stood up from the bed and walked towards Bruno, leaving you on the bed, unconscious. Bruno continued to step further into the water, allowing his feet and clothes to get wet. Shao continued walking towards him, looking calm and cocky. Bruno turned around and dove into the water, and he started to swim towards the bottom. He had a feeling that the entrance to your mind would be at the bottom of the lake. 

   " So you're going to swim to the bottom? But what if there is no water? Would the entrance dissaper? Let's find out. "

Bruno looked up and saw the water start to disappear. It looked like someone had put a straw in the water and started drinking it. Bruno tried to swim faster to the bottom, and he could see the door. He got closer as more water started to leave the lake.  He grabbed the handle and opened the door. He slipped through the door and came out dry on the other side. He saw all of your memories, and he walked towards the first clip and started to remove Shao from all of the clips of your memory. 

   ' I need to get rid of him in all of the memories and then kill him. '

   " If you can kill me. "

As Bruno erased the last glimpse of Shao from your memories, he felt arms lock around his throat and pull him away from the other memories. Bruno tugged at Shao's arm and tried to pull his arm away from his neck. He raised his arm and shoved his elbow into Shao's stomach, but it didn't do much. Shao's grip around Bruno's neck tightened. Bruno reeled his head forward and threw his head back, connecting the back of his head with Shao's face. Shao's grip wavered for a second, and Bruno used that second to get out of Shao's grasp. He pushed Shao away and imagined a gun in his hand. Bruno spun around quickly with the pistol and shot at Shao. Each bullet hit Shao, and he fell to the floor. Bruno lowered the gun and stared at Shao's body. Slowly the body started to disintegrate, and it was gone.

   " Was it really that easy? " Bruno questioned.

Bruno felt himself get dizzy, and he stumbled a little bit.

   " I guess my thirty minutes are up. "

Bruno started to wake up, and when he opened his eyes, he found himself back in the hospital room. He sat up on the bed and looked around the room. The doctor from before was still there, but Maria was gone. Bruno slipped off the breathing mask and set it aside. He took off all of the wire attachments and stood up from his bed. Bruno looked over at your bed and saw that you were starting to wake up. Your eyes slowly opened, and you looked around the room, your eyes landing on Bruno.

   " Bruno, what happened? "

   " Do you remember the name, Shao? Have you heard that name anywhere at all? "

   " I think you've talked about it a little and I've said it a few times, but I don't remember a person named Shao. "

   " Good. " Bruno sighed.

Bruno jumped on your bed, hugging you tightly. Everything felt right and safe again. You hugged him back, not quite understanding why he was so happy, but you let him be and just hugged him.