Until Death do us Part

" Alright, I'm going to work. I'm going to fill out those transfer papers today, and start sorting everything out in my office to pack up. " Bruno said, entering the kitchen.

   " What if you're called for a case and you need something you've put away already? " You asked, cleaning the last dish in the sink.

   " Then I'll get it, but I doubt that we have a case soon. Unless it's one of those unknown deaths. Even then I would just need paper and pencil to keep track of it. I need to go through my files too and pull out what I can't take with me. "

   " What you can't take with you? "

   " Some cases I keep because they become relevant and/or I need to look back at them because the situations look familiar. I can't take them with me and I have to give them to the office here because they are not cases in Evergreen. "

   " I get it. Have a good day then. I'm going to finish up these dishes and call Maria and see how she's doing. And I'll look for apartments or houses in Evergreen that you could own or rent. "

   " You know when I move you could come live with me. Instead of staying in a dorm room and pay to live on campus. Why not come live with me in my home? "

   " Because you'll want me to be your mother and clean the place and make you food. "

   " Not necessarily. " Bruno said, walking up to you and hugging your waist.

   " But because I get to see you every day and hug you like this. "

   " I'm guessing you want me to look for a place to own and not rent then? "

   " If you don't mind. "

   " Fine, fine. I will, now get to work. "

Bruno kissed your cheek and let you go. He bid you goodbye and left the house. You dried your hands and walked towards the bedroom. You grabbed a piece of paper from Bruno's desk and a pencil and started writing a letter that he would see later. Once the letter was finished, you got underneath the sheets of his bed and got comfortable. You shut your eyes and started to drift to sleep. When your consciousness left you, a single tear fell from your eye as you fell asleep.

In the dream world, you looked around to see that you were in a very familiar place. You were at the house again, but it looked like it did the last time you saw it. Rundown and abandoned. You walked up the steps to the house and looked through all the rooms you could reach, but no one was there. When you walked to the backyard, the fountain was drained of any water, preventing you from going to your inner mind, but there was also a forest now stretching behind the house. You walked towards the forest and entered it, but the further you walked in, the darker it got. 

   " Shao! We need to talk! "

There was no response, and you continued walking through the forest. All around you were trees, and there were no animals, and the wind wasn't blowing by to let the leaves fly. Everything was at a standstill.

   " The one time I want to talk to you, and I can't find you. " You mumbled.

You kept walking until you found a clearing. It was a small circular clearing, and Shao Xin was standing in the middle.

   " Finally. We need to talk. "

   " Oh? Do we now? My dear, I'm not in the best of moods at the moment. I advise you to leave. "

   " I want to negotiate. "

   " Hmm, alright. What is your negotiation? " Shao asked, turning towards you.