A Bad Dream

Bruno pulled into the driveway and got out, running to the front door to unlock it. Initially, he was going to run back to the car and get you, but you got out of the car and ran to the front door once you saw it was unlocked. You ran inside and rubbed your hands over your arms feeling the cold hair of the house hit you. Bruno entered the house and shut the door, locking it.

   " Go get a shower and warm up. I'm going to go grab one and then we can come down here and watch a movie or something. "

   " Sounds good. "

You walked upstairs and grabbed some sweatpants and a t-shirt. You walked into the bathroom and got a warm shower. Once you were out of the shower, you dried yourself off a bit and dried your hair. You slipped your clothes on and walked downstairs. You noticed Bruno already out of the shower and in the kitchen making hot chocolate. The smell filled your nose, and it smelled delicious. Bruno turned towards you and smiled a small smile.

   " Go pick out a movie. I'll be there in a moment. "

You only nodded and walked into the living room. You sat on the couch and picked up the remote, scrolling through channels and downloaded movies to find something interesting. You were starting to feel tired as you scrolled through the movies, and you finally picked a random one and set the remote down on the coffee table in front of you. Bruno walked into the room with two mugs of hot chocolate, and he handed you one of them. Bruno could tell that you were getting tired, so he took a sip of his drink and set it on the coffee table. He leaned his head on the armrest on the couch, and he stretched his legs out. 

   " Taking up the whole couch are we? "

   " I'm just getting ready to be used as a pillow. I know you're tired, so whenever you want, you can just lay down and sleep. "

   " On you? "

   " On me, I'll be your pillow. "

You rolled your eyes at him and took one last sip of your hot chocolate before setting the cup on the coffee table beside Bruno's. You leaned down on the couch and laid on top of Bruno, wrapping your arms around him and relaxing against his body. Bruno wrapped his arms around you and started running his hands through your hair, which was soothing. You found your eyes drooping, and you were ready for sleep.

   " Go to sleep, Y/n. I've got you. "

You slowly nodded and pressed yourself closer to Bruno's body to get comfortable. You closed your eyes and went to sleep against Bruno. Bruno looked down at you and saw that you were asleep. He turned the TV off and pressed your body closer to his, cuddling you. He turned sideways, and you laid between the cushions of the couch and his body.

   ' She won't be able to fall off the couch this way if she tosses and turns. '

Bruno closed his eyes and rested his chin on your head. Sleep took him as he closed his eyes, and he was knocked out for the night. Inside of your dream, you were walking around a labyrinth with many twists and turns. The walls all looked the same, and so did the floor, leaving you no indication that you had walked the same path. You turned around each corner, and you kept your right hand on the wall. 

   ' With no indication of where I'm going I'm going to keep my right hand on the wall and follow the wall, that way I can follow it back to where ever it started. '

You turned a corner and saw four different pathways. You picked the one on the far right so you could keep your hand on the wall. You walked down the corridor and met a dead end. You turned around to go back, but when you turned around, there was a figure standing in front of you. The figure stood in an odd way. It was a woman with short blonde hair, and her head was tilted to the side. She was in a white dress that went to her knees, and there were no shoes on her feet. One of her knees was bent, and her other leg was straight as she stood there. Her head tilted on the side of her body that her leg was bent, and she wasn't moving.

   " Miss? "

She didn't say anything back to you. You could see that she wasn't going to move, and you decided to walk around her. You passed her in the corridor and continued walking down the long path. When you felt a safe distance away, you turned around to look at her face, but she wasn't there anymore. You turned to continue walking, but the woman was in front of you, now showing her face and making you scream. You stumbled back and took another look at her face, and you felt sick. She had a bullet hole that was on her forehead, with dry blood streaks falling from the sides of the hole. But you knew her.

   " Cindy. . ."

She woman started to stumble forward towards you, and you took steps back. Cindy didn't look like she was in real life. Her eyes were blank canvases, and her skin looked paler and withered. She looked dead.

   " Cindy, stop. "

But she didn't. She kept walking towards you. You turned and started running away from her, and you ended up at the same dead-end you met seconds ago. When you turned back towards Cindy, she was coming closer and closer to you.

   " All. . .you did. . .was say goodbye. . .do. . .you really think. . .I'm happy. . .about. . .that. . ."

   " What are you talking about? "

   " You. . .did it with him. . .didn't you. . .that detective. . .he's not worth. . .any. . .thing. . ."

   " Cindy. . ."

   " I'm. . .going to keep you here! And make sure you never wake up! " She yelled, charging at you.

You raised your arms to cover your face from her hands, and you squeezed your eyes tightly. You felt yourself start to wake up, and when you did, you sat up quickly on the couch, and you were breathing hard. You put your hand on your chest and tried to steady your breathing. You were in a cold sweat as you started to calm down. Bruno stirred and slowly woke up. It was still dark outside, and he had to get up early to check things out at the office, even though it was Sunday.

   " Hey, everything okay? " He asked.

You shook your head and laid back down beside him on the couch. He wrapped his arms back around you and held you close to him, rubbing circles in your back. You slowly calmed down and told him what happened in the dream. Regretting falling asleep.