A Fever and a Fear

Quickly you sat up in the bed, and you were taking in deep breaths of air, so surprised that the air left you. The sun was barely touching the horizon, and you looked at the time to see that it was five in the morning. You brought your knees up to your chest, and a headache started to form. You didn't feel like being alone, so you slowly slipped out of bed and walked to the door. You stepped into the hallway and walked to Bruno's room. You opened the door slowly and stepped into his room. The dark blue walls didn't calm you as you walked closer to his bed. Bruno laid underneath the sheets of his bed in a deep sleep. He was lying on his side with his hands underneath the pillow, and you could hear his light breathing. You walked to his side and crouched on the floor. You placed your hand on his arm and shook him lightly. It didn't take long for him to start stirring. He used one of his arms to push on the sheets, and he rubbed his eyes with his other hand.

   " Mmm, Y/n? What are you doing up this early? "

   " I'll explain later, I just. . .I don't want to be by myself. "

   " Why? What happened? "

   " Can I stay here? "

   " Yeah. "

Bruno leaned over and pulled the bedsheets on the empty side of his bed. He patted the spot and looked back at you.

   " Come lay down. "

You did as he said and walked over to the empty side of the bed and laid down. Bruno turned over in the bed and pulled the sheets over you. You pulled the top sheet closer to you. Bruno now laid down on his side facing you. He pulled you towards him, and he wrapped his arm around your shoulder and his other around your waist. Your head rested on the pillows but was pressed against his chest. 

   " Y/n, you're concerning me. What happened? "

   " Just a bad dream. I'm still tired but I don't want to go to sleep. "

   " I'm here, Y/n. You can go to sleep. I'm a light sleeper so if you wake up from another nightmare I'll be here to calm you down. And just remember that we got rid of the threat a long time ago, he can't hurt you now. "

   ' I'm not sure of that anymore. '

   " Bruno, let's talk about this in the morning. "

   " Alright, for now try and sleep. I'm here. "

You only nodded as a tawn escaped your mouth. Then, you wrapped your arms around Bruno and relaxed in his arms. Finally, you fell back to sleep, and so did Bruno. You didn't have another nightmare or a dream, for that matter. Bruno didn't have any dreams either, and when he woke up, you were still asleep against his chest. He sighed and looked at the clock on his wall. He had an hour to get ready before he needed to head into work. He kept his head on his pillow and looked back down at you.

   ' I don't want to leave her. What ever happened last night must have shaken her up badly. '

Bruno didn't want to leave you in the house alone, but he couldn't miss work. Things were already crazy there, and without him, it wouldn't get any better. He knew he had to choose between going to work and staying with you, but it wasn't a hard choice at all. Bruno slowly took his arms off of you, and he slid out of your arms and replaced his spot with a pillow. Then, he grabbed his phone and walked downstairs to start making breakfast.

   ' I think a small breakfast will work for today. '

When Bruno got downstairs, he walked into the kitchen and started getting ingredients ready. Once all of the ingredients were in front of him, he dialed his office phone.

   " Hello? "

   " Jin? "

   " Bruno! Hey, bud. How's it going? "