Look at us- two unlikely lovers

It's ending- after, like, a year, this book is finally coming to a close. We're almost there folks.

-Hercules POV-

Cupcakes had been made, courtesy of my wonderous wife. Red velvet because he's one for class. It was going to be just the two of us and Aaron hauling our asses to the park for a picnic-sort of thing, as well as Adrienne who missed the original wedding and wants to stay with Aaron as much as possible. 

But it was far more personal.

"Hercules! Get your ass over here!"

And that's my cue to go help Laff with food duty. Sneaking up behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist, I jump a bit when he steps on my foot and go to protest but he just stuffs a small handful of bread crusts in my mouth before I can speak.

"You are like a trash can. Most people are. You step on the foot, they open their mouths, and it leaves you free to shove your useless shit inside."

"Okay first of all the crusts are tasty-"

"Damn did I settle hard when I chose you as a partner for life. But hey, at least you eat the shit I don't want."

"Says the one who eats the peel off a kiwi."

"It's soft. Tender. And particularly nutritious so watch your ass. Besides, the sandwiches look sexier this way."

And with that he holds up a bread-dinosaur, bites my finger with it, and puts it in the box. Leaves me wondering what goes on inside his head sometimes. 

"Where are you two going?"

"On a picnic because our anniversary is today and-"

"Oh yay! I'll be right back I'm gonna go get my scooter don't leave without me!"

"Usnavi you aren't coming with-"

"It's okay I can go really really fast and I won't hold you up now ¡Vamos!¡Rápido! We gotta move, people! Anne get ready we're going on an adventure!"

Laff looks at me. And I look at him. And we both unanimously shrug and head to the bedroom to get ready. Figure we can dump the kids on Adrienne when need be. And really, the kids are six and seven. How much trouble can they be?

"Shall we go get dressed, mademoiselle?"

"Oh but of course monsieur!"

A peck on the cheek and we link arms. Rush off giggling like the lovestruck idiots we are, whipping of clothes in the process as we stumble into our room. Laff forces me to turn around as he works through getting on as much of the dress as he can manage alone and I yank on the suit, bouncing softly as I do. 

"Okay, ready?"

"Ready!"

And then we turn. 

Laff is holding up the front of his dress as he gasps softly and rushes towards me. Can barely stay still enough for me to do up the ribbons that hold up the back, turning around the second I do for a proper kiss. 

It's like that day all over again but without the stress, this is just for us.

"Oh shit Hercules do not look at me I have not done my make-up!"

"Or I could help!"

"Hey great idea! How about we also employ kazoo kid and his crayons, since it seems your goal is to ruin my beautiful face."

I'm allowed to do hair though. Leaving two tendrils out and snatching up a white scrunchie to hold the rest together. Follow it up with a flower crown that has Laff absolutely beaming up at me. With his mascara and eye-shadow shit up to par I'm allowed to look over him properly, still just as much in awe as a year ago.