The morning after

-Herc POV-

"What the fuck? Why are y'all in my bed?"

"Herc, we've been married for months."

"You know what I mean."

I sit up, looking at the Alex sleeping between my husband and I. John is resting comfortably on Laff, the lucky shit.

The four of us in cuddled up in bed together can only mean one thing.

"Another year over. Together."

"We all made it."

Laff offers a small smile, gently stroking Johns hair and conveniently ignoring the small amount of drool coming from Johns mouth.

"Now, I need to make breakfast. But look at John."

"I see him."

John can sleep through anything. I hop out of my side of the bed, carefully shifting John against Alex. Laff gives me a smirk as I lay myself where John just was.

"Someone jealous?"

"No!" That came out faster than I meant it. "No, you and John just have a closer connection than I do with Alex. Or John and I, for that matter."

"You and I are closest though. I just need him to feel loved, and I do that with hugs."

"I know you do. So please make me feel loved."

I giggle as I'm swept into his arms, receiving a nice kiss before I'm carried to the kitchen. I'm put to work on making ferret breakfast. Because that's all I'm good for, keeping care of furry children. 

If even.

A wave of sadness washes over me, but I ignore Bonbons memory and get the eggs out. Something catches my eye as I set the dishes down on the floor.

"Laff. Babe, look."

I point excitedly to the couch where all four of them are lying. Laff rushes away from his mixing bowl and takes a dozen photos of his kids and Mr. Fayette.

"They're adorable."

"I'm happy Herc. So happy and I don't know, there's just this feeling that it's all perfect and it's going to be a great day."

"I feel it too."

I place my hands firmly on his waist, looking up at him with a smile. He grants me my kiss, placing me on top of the counter so I can kneel. I shiver slightly as his hands reach under the hoodie I'm in, deepening the kiss as I feel him trail his fingers down my chest.

"You were snacking. I taste chocolate, pass me some."

Laff giggles before passing me the bag of chocolate chips. I quickly eat twelve before guiding him back to me. 

Our lips press together once again, and I pull his hair-tie out so I can run my fingers through it. His response is snatching off my beanie. 

How fucking dare he.

I pull away, smiling at his frown.

"What was that for?"

"You stole my hat, you thief."

"And you touched my hair. We're even. Please can we keep kissing?"

I twist my hands back into his afro and pull him back once again. I'm gentle as I connect us. My lips part, and then-

"Mornin' bitches. I'm ready for decaf."

"No. No coffee at our house. John will get mad. And language, there are children present!"