You literally just drugged Marie

-Herc POV-

I'm disappointed when I wake up on my own accord.

Laff is still curled up in his burrito, tucked against my chest.

Holy shit he's hot.

Lifting him up as carefully as I can, I undo the blanket. He also still has no shirt on. Silently, I hop out of the bed and head to find something cooler for him. Tank top will do.

I go to slip it on him, jumping when he sits up suddenly.

He just glances from himself, to me, to the shirt and flops back down.

"Sorry babe, didn't mean to wake you. I was trying to put something on you. You're not looking too well."

"Thanks."

I nod and go back to putting it on him. He looks kind of empty as he stares straight ahead, smiling softly as I kiss his nose. Heading to the washroom, I return with a wet cloth and place it on the back of his neck. Quickly wipe away the sweat from his forehead and lie back beside him.

"You okay Laffy?"

"Mhmm. Tired."

"I know you are. You wouldn't sleep last night. Please get some rest now."

"'Kay."

I wrap an arm around his shoulder as he shivers slightly. He lets out another groan and I give him a kiss on the cheek before letting go of him and hopping out of bed

"Why are you leaving me?"

"You gotta rest babe. And I need to check on the kiddos."

He nods slightly, and I see him tense as another shiver runs through his body.

"I'll be right back."

With that I leave, shuttling the door behind me as I go.

He's not sleeping well again. He acts fine throughout the day, but something's weighing down on him. 

The point where his exhaustion feels normal to him.

And he's refusing any sort of medication. He won't even go back on sleeping pills. I'm worried about him.

Madison is on the couch holding their sister. I breathe a sigh of relief when I see her hair has been done, because that's normally Laff's job. Usnavi is watching eagerly, still excited over his visit with William.

He was almost as hard to get into bed as my husband last night.

Cereal sounds like a great breakfast option for the kids, and no one complains when I set it on the table. The youngest are excited about the marshmallows, and Madison just seems to know better than to ask why Laff isn't cooking.

I end up grabbing Laff a yogurt and crushing some pills into it.

It feels wrong doing it to him. Forcing him to take something. Giving him things without his knowledge.

But he won't sleep otherwise.

I head back to the bedroom, and he grins at me as I head in front of him.

I'm sorry love.

"Mon amour."

"Yep! Right here Laffy. You gotta eat now, 'kay baby?"

He wrinkles his nose slightly before nodding, accepting the spoonful I offer him. It's a fairly long process, getting the container into him, but I don't mind.

The yogurt gone, I set the dish on the nightstand and gently boop his nose.

"Good job. I'm proud of you."