Ch.6 - Borago Officinalis

"I-I didn't know! I swear!" Kaminari cried, still held tightly in Bakugou's hands.

The ash blonde's eyes were burning so fiercely that Kaminari was concerned that he would catch fire at any moment from them. To make matters worse, Kaminari was sure that Bakugou's fists, which were curled around the collar of his attire, were starting to flame.

"Now's not the time to argue!" You yelled, pulling out your bow from where it had been attached securely on your back. "You can blame Kaminari for this once we've got Ashido back and we are all away from the griffin!"

Bakugou hated to admit it, but you had a point. He let Kaminari go, the male falling to the ground with a thud. Bakugou's attention was focusing on the griffin now, watching as it was coming back towards them.

Ashido looked to be struggling to free herself and none of you could tell if she had been punctured by the talons the griffin had. Kirishima seemed the most on edge, unable to stand still and his brows twitching.

"What's our plan?" Sero asked, preparing his binding magic.

"We get Ashido back!" Kirishima responded.

His voice was a mixture of worry and anger, but Kirishima's emotions were only about to get worse.

"I think I can hit it with some lightning!" Kaminari spoke, getting up on his feet and summoning a bolt in his hands.

"Are you crazy?!" Kirishima hollered. "You might hit Ashido!!"

Kaminari blinked and then disengaged the bolt of lightning. It sizzled and sparked away on the ground. Kaminari sighed, understanding the point Kirishima was making, but wanting to help stop this griffin right away.

"Would me aiming at it be okay, Kirishima?" You asked him, taking an arrow and placing it in your bow.

"I-Is your aim good?" Kirishima asked.

You nodded and watched as Kirishima bit his lip. He closed his eyes for a moment before he slowly nodded his head. You inhaled slowly, pulling the string back and then steadying your aim for a passing moment.

The griffin was getting closer now, but its trajectory was a straight shot towards you all. It might be strong, but it was still a beast. Beasts tended to not think about battle plans, nor did they know when someone was taking aim at them.

You released the arrow into the air. The only noise it made happened to be the gentle buzz that came as it pushed itself higher and higher. The griffin was too preoccupied with focusing on the other beings below to notice the arrow come.

Your arrow struck its hind leg through. The creature cried out in pain and stopped its movements. It stayed in place in mid-air, looking over its injured leg. Blood poured out of its lion-like back leg, but you knew that it was nothing more than a wound that would slow the creature down.

"This has been fun- heh," Ashido spoke, her eyes twitching in both irritation and pain. "But I'd like to be let go now."

Now that she wasn't being thrown around wildly, Ashido made her move. Her hands touched the griffin's talons that were holding onto her and threatening to puncture her skin. Her hands slowly started to turn into liquid and once that liquid had a moment to seep into the talons, the griffin cried out again.

"Sorry, but you should have known better when you took a slime hostage!" She scolded the griffin.

It seemed the creature either didn't like how she was speaking to it, or that she was burning its talons as the griffin suddenly released Ashido. While that had been what the five of you on the ground had been aiming to do, there was a major problem.