Ch.14- Petroselinum Crispum

Leaving the guild behind, the pair of you set off to find where the leader of this little group could be hiding. It seemed the fight was going in your guild's favor, anyway... so leaving the others to take care of things while you and Bakugou searched wouldn't be too much of a detriment.

"So where do you recommend we start, pointy-ears?" Bakugou called out to you and you hummed for a moment.

The pair of you had managed to get out of harm's way but the sounds of fighting and magic clashing against magic were still heard loud and clear. You closed your eyes, trying to think where an elf would watch and wait until they were needed for the fight.

"Ah!" You opened your eyes and then motioned toward the Northeast. "That has to be it!"

Bakugou followed where your finger was pointing. It led towards the woodland thicket that the guild stood by. The guild had always been located on the edge of the woods and a short walk to the town. The idea was to keep the rambunctious guild members away from causing trouble to the town's folk, but still close enough so the members could feel as if they had everything they'd want to see, buy, or do not too far away.

The woods made sense for an elf to be located there though. Seeing as the people loved nature and the environment more than any modern convenience. With a nod towards you, Bakugou moved quickly up the ridge side, growling as one of your own vines lifted him up along with yourself to the top.

Glancing back out, it was clear that you could not only see the entirety of town, but also the entirety of the guild hall. So, the leader most definitely had to be close, no doubt having noticed you both leave and was lying in wait to see if you would come and find him.

"Now what?" Bakugou hollered at you and you hummed.

That was a good question. Elvian magic had a lot of applications, and it only got stronger when around nature. So there was a chance the elf was using some sort of cloaking magic, or even had combined his physical form with that of a tree, or anything else that could easily make you both not notice him right away.

"Oi!" Bakugou shouted again, this time shaking you a bit. "I'm fucking waiting!!"

You hummed and then exhaled. "There's one thing elves hate... as I'm sure you know."

Bakugou blinked and then his face soured. "The fuck are you talking about?! We need to find this shitty-"

"Come on, Bakugou." You smiled, lips curving deviously. "If there is one thing that is sure to draw out an elf... what would that be?"

Bakugou narrowed his gaze, still not having what you were getting as clicking. But then, his eyes widened and a smirk matching yours came onto his features. Bakugou allowed a flame to engulf his hands and he turned towards the thicket.

"You better hope this doesn't get me curse a fucking second time." He called out, sending a blast of fire towards one of the trees: flowering and giving off a wonderful amount of shade.

You too felt the desire to stop him as soon as you saw him cast the fire spell, but lucky you... your Elvian side wasn't totally in control, and therefore, you could allow it to happen, despite the small voice in your head screaming at you to stop it.

Fire hit the tree, and the flowers instantly started to catch flame. You and Bakugou watched, both of your stances readying for a fight. As you predicted, it seemed neither of you had to wait for long, as the elf leader did appear.

The flames died down, looking to be put down by some sort of energy absorption spell. You touched Bakugou's shoulder, telling him that you had something to tell him, but that he should still watch the third member of their get-together.