Ch.16 - Aloe Vera

Ch.16 - Aloe Vera

"He's... what-?"

You clasped your hands tightly, nodding with a frown engraved on your features. The feeling of all your guild member's eyes on you didn't help in the slightest. Nor did it help that they were all so tired and even injured already from the purging elves' attack and now told that yet another problem was rearing its ugly head.

"It's only going to get worse." Kirishima backed you up. "If what (Name) said his curse entails is true... then we all know that a creature representing his anger, frustrations, and pride is not going to be something we can all just ignore."

Kirishima's fist hit the wall he was standing beside and his brows narrowed as his cherry hues were forced shut. You frowned, understanding his feelings, maybe even more so because you knew of Bakugou's secret and failed to break it. Like you had promised you would.

Instead, the only thing you broke was your promise.

"So... what exactly are we going to do?" Kaminari's eyes were wide. "Bakugou was scary as is... but if this curse is pretty much blocking out any sense of morals or humanity, then I don't know if we have a chance at all."

"We won't know until we try!" Kirishima yelled, huffing out a staggering breath. "I'm going to try no matter what! Bakugou and I both came from dragon villages - and we don't let one of our family members suffer alone, even if the bond we share isn't blood related, but only magic!"

Kirishima shook his head and turned towards the gaping hole in the guild hall. He took a few steps towards it and then paused. He turned to look back at his guildmates, the group being short a few people from being two dozens. He really had thought-

The sound of someone walking towards him made Kirishima look back at his guildmates and friends. Your form was walking towards him and paused when you saw he was looking at you once more.

You inhaled slowly and showed the half-dragon those determined and burning irises of yours. Kirishima blinked before nodding to you and you both headed off towards the exit. You couldn't blame anyone else for not tagging alone. So many of them were hurt, but... you could still move. You could still act. And Kirishima was with you, helping bear this troublesome burden.

Neither of you looked back, only making a mad dash out and headed towards the flaming woods. Kirishima's wings sprouted from his back and he started to fly upwards. You put both of your hands up and Kirishima grabbed onto you, carrying you as he flew upwards. He was shifted halfway between a human and a dragon, and seemed to plan to stay that way until he needed a larger dragon form.

One he would need if the beast of a curse had gotten that out of hand.

"So... you said you had one final spell?" The redhead shouted down at you.

You nodded. "Yes... but I need to get close to Bakugou's actual form! I need to somehow push past that beastly magical barrier and reach him on the inside! From there... I can try to use this last ditch spell."

Silence came as your words died off, only the sounds of dragon wings flapping and the burning of the forest below. Though... it still seemed that the dragon fire wasn't actually burning any of the wildlife, luckily.

"It's... not dangerous, right?" Kirishima's voice pulled you from gazing down at the woodland.

"Huh?" You blinked, looking up at him.

"The spell you're going to use if you get close to Blasty!" Kirishima's voice raised, but his tone wasn't screaming, it was concern. "It's not going to hurt either of you... right?!"