Ch.9- Potentilla Sap

Night came and went by quickly, the pair of you falling asleep slowly after the talk you both had. By the time the sun decided to appear, the discussions of last night were now only memories. But memories that were presently placed at the front of both of your minds.

You had cleaned up camp as best you could, your Elvian upbringing instilling the idea of returning the environment to the best of your ability. Bakugou had packed up the supplies and carefully wrapped up the griffon egg.

'This thing better be worth the damn headache it caused...' He thought to himself as he slipped on his pack and then turned to where you were.

His carmine eyes spotted you crouching down by the ground. Your hands pressed together, eyes closed, and a look of peace on your features. It seemed as if you were doing some sort of religious ritual. One that he obviously wasn't familiar with due to the cultural divide between the pair of you.

He watched as your hands parted and were placed on the ground. A dim green glow came from your hands and when you pulled your hands away, a pair of little sprouts were sticking up through the dirt.

You stood up soon after that, moving to Bakugou. You picked up your few things and took the knapsack holding the egg. You slipped it onto your back and then nodded towards Bakugou, silently telling him you were ready to go.

The pair of you headed out, silence between you. You were quite fine with it, enjoying the sounds of the forest calling out to you. Bakugou was not, however. He truthfully was wracking his brain trying to figure you out.

You looked so calm and collected, even after all that happened yesterday between the griffon to his admission of being cursed. Yet, you carried on with an air of peace around you. Something he couldn't understand.

His lips were turned into a frown, but unlike the usual angry frown he wore, this one was a frown caused by his confusion and conflicting emotions. He really wasn't sure what to do or say to you now. Or if he should even be trying to.

His head told him one thing, but his heart said another. The only thing that still made sense was the ever-constant sense of growing discomfort from his soul.

"What were you doing before?" His voice was relocated.

"Hm?" You blinked at him and then snapped your fingers. "Oh! The spell with the sprouts?"

"Yeah."

"It's something elves do after using the land's resources. It's part of our culture to not only try to return the land to what it looked like before but also to plant new greenery to replace what we had used." You explained.

"You elves are fucking anal about the damn environment, huh?" He scoffed.

"Well... our magic does come from nature and the land. So, in a way, by taking care of the environment, we're also taking care of ourselves and our people." You told him.

Bakugou only clicked his tongue in reply, casting his gaze away from you. You inhaled slowly, seeing as he must not want to talk about the belief of elves. You couldn't blame him. After what he told you last night, you wouldn't even blink if he told you that your presence next to him caused him to be uncomfortable.

Elves... were strict.

You knew that first hand. So, building off your own experiences, you couldn't help but wonder what exactly Bakugou did that made an elf mad enough to lay such a curse upon him. Depending on the elf, what their energy alliance was, and if they were a full elf or half, were all factors that could play into how he ended up this way.