Ch.24- Phaseolus Vulgaris

"When the winter months come, these creatures tend to become a lot more desperate than in the summer months."

He could recall his mother saying as pointed fiery winged creatures touched every piece of greenery they could. It caught on fire right away and with the flames, their sizes only grew as the flames became part of their body.

"Usually the volcanoes they come from have enough heat to keep them happy, but it seems this year there isn't, so these guys are looking for anything that can create more fire."

One seemed to have noticed the pair crouched in some bushes away from where it and its friends were feeding. It shrieked and came bounding towards the mother and son. His mother only chuckled though and stood up.

"Now pay attention, Katsuki." She spoke and drew out her scimitar. "I'm going to only show you once how to kill these fucking bastards."

Even so, many years later, he could still remember his mother's words. She was full of bullshit most of the time, but in this case, her nagging would keep him from getting attacked by these flame-obsessed animals.

The imps grabbed onto the wood in this little area and started to ignite it before they allowed it to fill their bodies and chuckled deviously. One seemed to notice Bakugou by now and he knew it had detected his own internal flame. The flame that dragons, Dragonbournes, and half-dragons all had residing inside of themselves... the deepest and hottest flames any creature in this world could have.

Thus, Bakugou knew how to deal with these assholes from all the times they attempted to kill one of his people for that fire inside of them. And this unlucky bastard was going to find out why it had made a terrible mistake.

The elves that had once been in this room had fled now, and thus missed Bakugou easily defeat the imp by taking his scimitar and stabbing it directly where any creature of fire's inner flame resided: the center of their chest.

The imp shrieked out as it stiffened and turned gray. Bakugou drew his blade back and watched as the imp collapsed in on itself, reduced to nothing more than ash now. Well, he took care of the one that was going after him- now where did those tree huggers put-

He breathed out in relief. Looks like the Elves left you and your container sitting on that bench the council had been sitting at. No imps had come towards you, not attracted to objects that were not expelling heat or could turn into fire.

He jumped and climbed upwards and reached you. Bakugou took your form into his hands and sighed. Another dead end here, huh? Well... onto the next place. The chaos would let him escape and would let him take you with him. These bastards deserved this... they deserved for him to turn his back on them like they had turned their backs on you.

What goes around comes around, right?

Bakugou started his dash for the edges of the village, dodging burning trees and plants and the imps that were feasting on the flames. He cursed as another lunged towards him, but his draw was much too quick. Another one turned to ash after having its internal flame extinguished by his blade. It paid to have a blade that absorbed fire and was also immune to it.

His eyes spied the outskirts of this place and no one around it. It was only a few more seconds away and then he'd be free from here before anything else fucked up was placed upon him or you.

His carmine eyes flickered around him once more to make sure no imps or Elves would try and stop him. None were, but Bakugou still stopped his mad sprint. His throat dried up as he saw a small Elf girl with a look of fear on to the ground as an imp approached her. One of her legs was trapped beneath a fallen burning tree branch and her face was covered in tears.