Ch.17- Mentha Pulegium

"That was a bit too close for comfort..." Midoriya sighed, putting his sword back down for a moment.

Kaminari chuckled on the ground near the green-haired boy. "Yeah... guess I agitated that cursed beast a little too much?"

This was the third time Midoriya had used his golden sword to block that powerful breath of dragon magic in the last ten minutes. The recharge time for the dragon was becoming less, but Midoriya's time to rebuild his magic wasn't.

"Between us and Kirishima's dragon form... we're at least moving along to where the others are waiting." Iida spoke, watching as Kirishima's dragon form slammed into the cursed dragon.

The flaming circle around Kirishima's neck seemed to really be taking things out of him more and more as the seconds passed. The distraction team were all really hoping to get Yaoyorozu's signal that they were ready.

The beast once more managed to bite onto Kirishima and send him flying off. This time by one of his legs. Kirishima managed to shift back, just in time before he crushed his friends under the weight of a dragon. Kaminari was immediately helping Kirishima up, using his body to keep Kirishima steady.

The red head most definitely had taken the most damage thus far, and now had two rings of dragon magic on his skin: one on his neck and the other around his right knee. The half-dragon had done all he could, but now, it would have to be up to everyone else.

The sky suddenly lit up with a quick flash. The four boys all turned to see that a glowing orb had been shot into the air from a ways up from them. Another light came from the cliffside, looking fiery. Kaminari glanced at the others and then quickly raised his hands up. Sparks of electricity glowed in the dark night. Everyone responded. Everyone was ready to go.

"Midoriya-kun, Kaminari-kun." Iida spoke, both boys looking at him. "I'm going to leave this final push to you both, so I can get Kirishima-kun away from here. He's in no shape to fight."

Kaminari and Midoriya nodded. Kirishima opened his mouth to protest, but Iida had already picked the red-head up and thrown him over his shoulder before speeding off to where the trap team would be waiting.

"Ready?" Midoriya asked, inhaling and lifting the sword up again.

Kaminari chuckled. "You know I'll take any chance I get to poke fun at Kacchan."

Midoriya blinked twice before a soft smile fell onto his lips. The pair didn't say anymore, instead aiming their attacks towards the dragon. Midoriya sliced through the air, sending a pulse of magic at the beast. It cried out when it was struck, the slash having the strength and force of an actual blade strike.

Kaminari was not far behind. All his practice as of late was paid off as the clouds above him, Midoriya, and the dragon darkened and then a beam of lighting came down. It struck the dragon, covering it in electricity for a few good moments. It roared and its glowing eyes fell onto the pair.

Out of magic and having accomplished their task of pissing Bakugou's inner dragon off - they now just needed to run and not get scorched as they did so. So, without muttering any words, both took off. In the most visible parts, ensuring that the beast would follow them.

"Wait for my signal." Yaoyorozu was telling the others as she saw Kaminari and Midoriya's figures appearing a ways down.

Mina nodded and Sero exhaled. Iida was beside Yaoyorozu, taking the fourth trap trigger as he didn't want Yaoyorozu to feel overwhelmed with having to do two all on her own. Kirishima rested against a tree, glancing about and then letting his eyes wander to where Todoroki and (Name) would be.