Ch.19- Hedera

Ch.19- Hedera

(AN- My B-Day is tomorrow (Oct 9)... yet I'm writing angst. Seems about right. Also for those curious, this series updates weekly on Fridays.)

If anyone needed to find Bakugou following the events that transpired when the purging elves arrived, their best bet was to check the medical bay. He'd often be in there, sitting on a chair near the window and staring off into space out that window. The only times he wasn't in the medical bay was for the few hours he'd sleep and simply picking up the minimal amount of food to keep himself functioning somewhat.

He wasn't even injured or sick or had any real reason to be in the medical bay for as long as he had been for the last month. He was just there: early mornings, calm afternoons, chaotic evenings, and silent nights. Bakugou was there, not muttering a word and only looking out the window. His once competitive and burning irises of crimson had dulled out and looked to slowly be extinguishing until only a pale pastel shade of red would remain. His inner fire was struggling to stay lit and it made him act so unlike himself that it was worrying a lot of his guildmates.

Two weeks after he had woken up and three weeks since anyone had last seen the half-star, Kirishima had decided to try and reach out. He had already left Bakugou to suffer on his own once, so he sure as Hell wasn't going to let it happen again. Dragon magic was what tied them together, even so, Kirishima really hoped he could help or at least take some of Bakugou's burden himself.

"Kaminari and I are going on a quest." Kirishima told him, standing by the ash blonde. "It's something to do with capturing and removing a flock of pixies from some village a day or so away by cart."

Bakugou didn't even acknowledge the redhead, only continued to look out the window . Kirishima was used to being ignored by the dragonbourne already, but the redhead could tell this time was different. Even if Bakugou didn't say anything... he'd always make eye contact and send an aura of seething annoyance that would make Kirishima chuckle and walk away and anyone else slightly shiver at such a volatile look.

No such look came, nor did Bakugou even turn his head to glance at Kirishima. That dull blank look stayed on his face. It was as if Bakugou wasn't even aware Kirishima was right before him. As if the ash blonde, while before Kirishima physically, was somewhere far away mentally that couldn't hear or see what was happening before his body.

"You know how pixies are! They love to steal shiny stuff and the village has had enough. We just need to relocate them elsewhere! Really easy money, especially for you! You're great at trapping and capturing magical creatures!" Kirishima pressed on, so desperate he was now appealing to Bakugou's ego.

Nothing. No response. Not even a flicker in his eyes to show he was still there.

Kirishima lowered his head and shook it for a moment. He lifted his head up a moment later and chuckled. "Well, we're leaving tomorrow! Just show up before we leave and you're welcome to come along!"

Kirishima left him after that. As expected, Bakugou didn't show up the next morning either. Kaminari even looked to be getting really concerned. The straw blonde had thought that Bakugou was just reeling from what happened and trying to sort out what (Name) had done for him. Kaminari really assumed he'd bounce back as Bakugou always did in times of crisis and despair.

Not this time though. Kaminari knew it the moment it was only him and Kirishima heading out on the quest: Bakugou was drifting off somewhere, allowing himself to drown amongst the feelings he wasn't outwardly showing. So unlike him. The dragonbourne would yell, scream, swear, and insult anyone and everyone as easily as breathing. Bakugou not emoting... was a real sign of worry.