CHAPTER EIGHT

❗️❗️CW OR TW: talk about dead loved one :(❗️❗️

Ranboo's POV:

I opened my eyes to light being shone through the blinds. "You actually slept longer than two minutes, I congratulate you," Tubbo was on his phone and running his hand through my hair as I leaned on him.

"How long was asleep?" I groaned.

"Longer than a night, i'm surprised," He put his phone down.

"Probably because you were there, I wasn't alone with my thoughts," I admitted.

"Well lucky for you, we're going to be spending a lot of alone time today. We have to get working on that teleportation of yours," He tilted his head to the side.

"Ughhhhhhhhh... Do we have to?" I complained.

"Yessssss, the group is already out protecting the border. Now we have to do our jobs," He gently pushed me off of him.

He got up from where he was and stood across the room," Try to get to me, teleporting only."

"The only times I've been able to teleport is when I had mental breakdowns," I slowly sat up.

"Except when you went to the kitchen, you can do this," He raised his finger.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. To Tubbo. I could feel the air change slightly and found myself sitting on the floor outside the door. No! Gotta get closer!

It changed again as I heard Tubbo clap his hands," You did it!"

I opened one eye then the next and noticed I did," Yes!"

He held his hands out for me to take and get up," Lean on the dresser, it'll help."

I took his hands and used my shaky legs to get up. I stumbled back a little bit but caught my balance," I'm okay, i'm okay." I stood shaking as I looked at my feet.

"It feels weird to stand still," I slightly raised my head to meet Tubbo's eyes.

"You're already doing great, here," He left me to hold on to the dresser and walked to the other side of the room. "Try walking to me," He waved me over.

"I don't think I can do tha-" I was interrupted," Just try it. I'm right here, okay?"

I leaned on my left foot and took a weak step with my right. I continued to take small steps while almost falling each time. It was now time to let go of the dresser and walk on my own.

"Don't overthink this, just come to me," Tubbo ushered me to him.

After second guessing myself a thousand times I finally decided to keep walking. It wasn't as hard as I kept making it out to be. After a little bit of struggling I made my way to Tubbo and he smiled," See? It isn't so hard."

"I guess, everything hurts though."

"How about we try going down to the living room? Down the stairs?" He wondered.

"Do you want me to die?" I squinted my eyes.

"You'll be fine! Come on let's try it," He tried dragging me out the door.

(i'm not gonna describe them walking around cuz that's weird 😀👍)

George's POV:

Everyone but Ranboo and Tubbo came with the group to scout the border. I gripped onto my baseball bat and looked around.

"Guys I think I see some zombies over there!" Bad pointed to three people near the border.

Everyone's attention was pointed to them when Tommy spoke up,"They look around my age, but they're pretty fast for zombies."