CHAPTER 50: HIS FIRST AND LAST LOVE

THIRD PERSON'S POV

A hostage taking with bombs.

Inside the building, people cried out in fear and begged the attacker to spare them since they thought they would pass away instantly. Children sobbed hysterically while adults struggled to shield the elderly guy, children, and women. The offender was grinning widely as he held his hostage, a five-year-old girl, and the remote control to which he would set off a fire that would spread across the entire building, potentially killing many people. Not just in the building, but also in the surrounding buildings and numerous others since the criminal admitted to dispersing the bombs.

A man was watching what had just happened from a towering building while the scene was nearly straight out of an action movie. As he prepared his position and Remington 700 sniper rifle, he inhaled deeply. When he is prepared to fire, he looks through the scope to identify the attacker after taking care of the essential tasks.

"Let's end this" he murmered.

He pulled the trigger in a second, causing the girl to flee from him as the bullet passed through the glass pane and struck the offender in the hand. The perpetrator gritted its teeth in rage and fury as its eyes expanded. The sniper was faster than him when he was ready to push the remote, causing it to fall.

The suspected ex-convict criminal was promptly apprehended by the SWAT team as they entered the area. Because the hostages were released and the SWAT team had previously found the bombs and rapidly neutralized them, they are now safe and undamaged. The sniper swiftly put his rifle in his long backpack and fled the practically untouchable scene after feeling relieved.

His phone vibrated as he was leaving the building, and he answered it right away before placing it close to his ear. “We have another assignment that is appropriate for your skills, so don't worry, Kai. I'm sorry I put you in this simple assignment”

“Don't make me work too hard. I might die,” he said, to which the caller on the other end of the line laughed. “But okay, I would still take the assignment. Let's meet up later”

After the call was over, he got on his sport touring motorcycle and put his helmet on. Kai yawned a little as he began to drive away from the structure. Because of his line of work, he hasn't slept for three days in a row. For the past few days, a top-notch FBI sniper has been tasked with various assignments.

He yawned again as his head and eyelids began to feel heavy, and as a result of his lack of sleep, Kai barely held onto the brakes before falling asleep while driving and collapsing from his the motorcycle.

"KYAAAAH!!"

When a woman in her mid-20s saw Kai had just fallen off his motorcycle and was lying in the middle of the road, she immediately applied the brakes. She exits the vehicle and quickly calls 911 to get assistance. Kai was taken to the closest hospital by the ambulance after it arrived a short while later.

He was peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed when he fell asleep for a day due to lack of sleep. The doctor had earlier stated that Kai was overexhausted and needed to rest for the time being, but the woman was tense and concerned that he might not be awake. She decided to stay with him.

He finally wakes up after a day has gone. Kai slowly opened his eyes and noticed the strong fluorescent light immediately away. He inhaled deeply, smelling an antiseptic scent that was slightly bitter and had undertones of synthetic fragrance. He wants to get up, but someone stops him right away. He also feels heavy and exhausted, as though he has no energy at all.

“Huwag ka munang gagalaw! Magpahinga ka muna” Kai heard a sweet voice from a woman and he titled his head to look at her. “Tatawagin ko lang ang doktor. Wait naintindihan mo ba ako?”