CHAPTER 53: TWISTED FATES AND HEARTS III

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Yesterday Night

“Saan ka pupunta?” Professor asked.

Lucas was standing icily in front of the door didn't gave an answer. A worried-looking Professor was standing on the steps when he gently turned around to face him.

“Pupunta ka na naman ng walang pasabi sa akin. Nag-alala din ako sa'yo Lucas tandaan mo 'yan. Sana sabihan mo ako kung saan ka pupunta” he said as he descended the stairs to reach him. “Explain to me where you were going at this time. It's late, so if you go outside, they might find you”

Lucas replied, “I'm looking for someone”

“Someone? You mean Ayla, right?” Professor questioned, and Lucas just stared at him without responding. “But, why now? Can you please complete it tomorrow or early? Lucas, it is now late”

“I don't want to find her”

“Don't worry, Professor, it won't take long” Lucas patted his shoulders and smiled sincere but secretly felt guilty. The Professor seemed to notice this. “Just wait for me; I can take care of myself and there's somewhere I wanted to go alone. I'm sorry if I sneak out without saying anything to you. Someday I'll tell you all about it”

Lucas nodded in agreement as Professor said, “Okay, then just be back before midnight and please do not do this again”

He opened the door once again while smiling and waving his palms in the Professor's direction. “I'll be back, Herschel. See you then”

With no sound, Lucas quietly approached the gate and opened it. Before getting on the Professor's motorcycle, he took a moment to glance around. A few minutes later, he exits Fjord Street, and a little while after, he is on the highway. On the road, there aren't many cars or people. Lucas was riding in silence until he abruptly pulled into a dark, winding lane with a lot of trash dumped in it. After a few moments, he came to a stop in front of an old structure with numerous holes in the wall, leaking water, and shattered windows.

Since no one was nearby when he looked around to check if anybody had noticed him, he promptly got off the motorcycle and climbed some damaged stairs to go to the second level of the building. Before gently opening the old wooden door, Lucas gave it three gentle knocks. The only source of light in the interior of the room was a single candle that was lit in the middle. As he entered and slowly closed the door, his face lacked any expression. He approached a person who was laying on the ground with puffy eyes, a white bandage covering its shoulders and feet, and it appeared to have no vitality at all.

Lucas asked, “Why did you call me?”

The person raised its head gradually to meet his eyes and then quickly turned away. It continued to stare at the candle in silence. The person's eyes were expressionless and lacked any warmth.

Lucas inspected the person over from head to toe before saying, “You know I already betrayed the organization so what's the sense in seeing me if I can't treat your injuries. Did they abuse you once more, or did you abuse yourself once more like you always do?”

“SHUT UP!” the person yelled.

Lucas was being pointed at by the person with enmity. “It spoke while clenching its teeth in anger each time. Who do you think you are without us, Hide!” the person pulled Lucas's collar to bring him closer to them and asked, “Was it your will to get out from us or her will? Tell me, did you really wanted leave us? Your family that gives you money, food, and everything that you needed. We took care of you but you give us this crap!?”