Remembrance

Remembrance /rɪˈmɛmbr(ə)ns/: the act of remembering something, a memory of something that happened in the past, or remembering in respect for someone who has died or a past event.

The past catches up to you eventually.

After the Battle of New York, Rose and Steve rekindle their friendship. With her best friend back and her godson alive after almost dying, she begins to slowly get used to the 21st century. However, her adjustment gets interfered with when Tony makes a new enemy and people from his past want vengeance, so she takes it upon herself to make sure he doesn't get killed. 

The past isn't what it looks like.

Back into work, Rose feels a sense of normalcy. However, demons that she thought were buried rise up again. Moreover, she discovers truths from her past that leave her unsettled feeling forced to lie about herself to the people closest to her. 

.

.

.

Oh, and there's also the fact that she might have romantic feelings for her best friend, but that's a different kind of problem.

Or

In which Rosemary Thompson has to face her raw past and try not to crumble down while she lies to others and herself about her experiences and feelings. 

Playlist

ALIVE
Sia
"I had a one way ticket to a place where all the demons go(...)But I survived, I'm still breathing."

IN THESE ARMS
Bon Jovi
"We made a promise, a promise this world would never blind us
(...)
Love you till the end of time if you were in these arms."

PHOTOGRAPH
Nickelback
"Every memory of walking out the front door, I found the picture of the friend that I was looking for.
It's hard to say it, time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye."

BEAUTIFUL PAIN
Andy Black
"It's a beautiful pain when I remember the good times (...) when I let go of the heartache when I let go of your heart.
All the times that I keep holding onto even though you're gone. 

SURVIVOR
2WEI
"You thought I wouldn't last without you but I'm lastin'
You thought that I would die without you but I'm livin'(...)
Even in my years to come I'm still gon' be here.
I'm a survivor."

NEVER TEAR US APART
INXS
"I told you that we could fly, 'cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why.
I was standing, you were there,
Two worlds collided and they could never, ever, tear us apart."

LOVELY
Billie Eilish ft. Khalid
"Thought I found a way out, but you never go away.
So, I guess I gotta stay now.
Oh, I hope someday I'll make it out of here, even if it takes all night or a hundred years."

A LITTLE TOO MUCH
Shawn Mendes
"Though everyone said that she was so strong what they didn't know is that she could barely carry on (...)
She would always tell herself she could do this; she would use no help it would be just fine,
but when it got hard she would lose her focus, so take my hand it'll be alright."

MAKING LOVE OUT OF NOTHING AT ALL
Air Supply
"The beating of my heart is a drum and it's lost, and it's looking for a rhythm like you."

HEAD ABOVE WATER
Avril Lavigne
"Must bar the windows and the doors to keep me safe, to keep me warm.
(...)
I can't seem to keep it all together, and I can't swim in the ocean like this forever.
And I can't breathe."

WHO ARE YOU NOW
Sleeping With Sirens
"You made me hate my own reflection question every choice I make
(...)
Did they break you apart? Won't you fight back for what you want?
Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly and sometimes you really live you gotta try.
We can change it all together, in the end, you're gonna find that what we felt in our hearts was real the whole time."

THROUGH THE DARK
One Direction
"You tell me that you're hurt and you're in pain and I can see your head is held in shame, but I just wanna see you smile again.
(...)
I will hold you closer, hope your heart is strong enough.
When the night is coming down in you, we will find a way through the dark."

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Rosemary Thompson is back! Get ready because a lot of things will happen... too many emotions :)

P.S I love the playlist sm

Disclaimer: Original plots and characters belong to Marvel Comics and the MCU. I only own Rosemary and all characters related to her storyline.

Warning: This story contains graphic descriptions of violence and triggering topics such as mental illness and death.