16 | CALLS & BLESSINGS

January 2014New Jersey, USA

January 2014
New Jersey, USA

"I know a former member of SHIELD already came to tell you but... I wanted to talk to you about it myself and let you know about other advances that we're making," she said concealing her shame as she looked at the worn-down family.

"Yeah well...that was two weeks ago."

"Mom..." Finn Jr muttered softly from his spot on the couch next to a boy his age that was holding his hand. "She was in a coma."

Florence huffed whilst she was standing behind the couch her son was sitting on with his boyfriend. I guess not every superhero is as durable, she thought.

"I don't understand," Reese spoke leaning against the couch. "I thought SHIELD was disbanded how are you supposed to find her?" he asked with a sad expression but kept his composure.

"Tony...Mr Stark, he's been looking for her with others help. There's also been a proposition of bringing back together the Avengers, he and Steve...Rogers are also working on creating a new organisation. We should have more ways of finding her, and the rest of the rogue agents that escaped," she explained that is apart from the work Fury was doing who knows where.

"She was the only one taken?" Reese asked. Rose swallowed the lump in her throat. The more she thought about it, the more convinced she was that Hydra, Robinson specifically as she had seen on the tape, had only taken Beth because of her, to throw another jab at her, like having killed her best friend decades ago hadn't been enough and they needed to take his granddaughter too...them and the other people from her family that they killed.

"Yes." Sorrow took over the father's features and he blinked away the tears, tears that for two weeks now had been shared between both parents, anger too, but unlike Florence, Reese didn't hold a grudge against the Thompson woman and wasn't lashing his feelings out on her, he just swallowed his pain and other feelings whilst Florence kept them in a cage with a very weak lock.

"Can't you-" Finn mumbled looking at the ground and then staring at her. It physically hurt Rosemary to see everyone looking at her with so much concern and lack of hope when she was supposed to be the one bringing reassurance. "Can't you just look for her? I thought you could find people."

Tom, his boyfriend, watched the discussion quietly. He had only been with Finn for four months and didn't feel like he had the right to interceding in a conversation about family, he also was a bit shy of doing so because a freaking Avenger was in the room having a conversation that despite the topic seemed so casual and normal. So he limited himself to just showing his care and support for Finn during his sister's disappearance.

Rose breathed slowly. "I can but-something's hiding her. I already tried looking but it's like I'm being blocked...Stark thinks it may be the sceptre that was stolen, it could provide a force like that..."

She clenched her jaw making a slight shake of her head before looking at the family. "I'll bring her back. I promise you that."

"Like last time?" Florence seethed with a scoff.