24 | THE (SIMPLE) LIFE

Or Third Wheeling

WEEKS LATER

May 2015
New Avengers Facility, Upstate New York

"I'm glad I caught you," Rose said after the god has said to come into his room. "Thought you'd already left."

"Oh, Lady Rose, I never part ways without a goodbye, maybe not exactly that but—"

"I get it," she smiled slightly before setting her expression into a serious one. 

"If this is about what you told me days ago, don't worry," he began proudly, "I remember."

Rose smiled briefly. "Don't worry, it's not about that...Look Thor, I drew something, back at Clint's house...it didn't make sense because of what you told us so I thought you'd want to know."

A frown appeared on Thor's usual jovial expression. "What is it?" He was confused since he didn't understand what the Midgardian woman could've drawn related to his life back on Asgard, at least that's what he thought the drawing was about, why else would she tell him right before he was about to leave?

"Here, you better see it for yourself," Rose said handing over the drawing she had brought with her.

His frown deepened as he was taken back by the drawing. "I don't understand, what does this mean?"

"You tell me...You said your brother had died," she told him. It was during the first days after Thor arrived on Earth, sometimes he wasn't his usual self and he had confided that his brother had died, along with his mother about two years back.

"He did... I saw him, he died in..." his wobbly voice trailed off as he got lost in his memories.

"Well...here's the thing...I don't draw things from the past only events that will happen in the future so... maybe you should consider that he isn't actually dead."

Thor's expression was restored. "Wouldn't be the first time."

"I wasn't sure if I should show you, but if there's a possibility that your brother is alive, you should know," she said kindly.

He nodded recovering from the shock and sadness smiling at her. "Thank you, Lady Rose. I'll keep an eye out. May I keep this?" he gestured to the drawing of Loki in the place he recognized as his home castle in Asgard.

"Of course, it's yours."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

After their conversation, Rose accompanied Thor to his departure to which Steve and Tony joined, Nat was on a phone call with Clint who was showing her his newborn son. On their way out, the conversation about Mjolnir naturally surfaced.