07 | LONGING, REPEATING

January 2014

January 2014

Washington DC, USA

"Hey so, how come you never told me about Marvin Gaye?" Steve asked her while they were walking towards the jet.

She looked at him curiously slipping a hand into a glove. "How did you know about him?"

"A guy I met on today's run mentioned one of his albums."

Rose put on the other glove. "You made a friend?"

"I wouldn't call him that yet, he seemed nice though."

"Well, good for you," she smiled. "What album was it?"

"Uh...Trouble Man?"

Rose tried remembering the album. "Oh yeah, it's a good one. To be fair, it was on my list for you, so I would've shown it to you eventually."

"Your list?" he asked her amused.

"Well yes, I have it here," she pointed to her head. "If I told you every single movie, tv-show, book or album you needed to see, read, and hear you would go mad. Did you listen to it?"

"Not yet, Nat picked me up to come here so I didn't exactly have time."

"Well, I have it on vinyl if you don't want to hear it from your phone," she offered.

"Thanks, I'll let you know."

Their conversation came to an end as they prepped to go into the mission with STRIKE team and Agent Romanoff. 

Indian Ocean

It wasn't often that Rose needed to go on a mission with a big team, she was given individual missions or ones in duo, every once in a while she'd have a mission with either Romanoff, Walters but most of the time it was just her and Steve, though he took on a lot of team missions assuming the role as Captain. In the beginning, she had gone on a lot of missions with Agent Robinson, but then he was sent on missions with his original team.

The current order was to rescue a ship and its passengers from a group of French Hijackers that were located somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star," Agent Rumlow, the leader of the STRIKE team, informed them. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Captain America asked.

"A billion and a half."

"Why so steep?"

"Because it's SHIELD's," Agent Robinson said for Rumlow.

"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing," Steve concluded.

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Agent Romanoff mentioned.

"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor," Steve stated flatly.