20 | AN EVERLASTING FIGHT

Or Home & Peace

May 2015

UNKNOWN

After Rose spoke those words, she fell silent. Her eyes staring ahead unfocused would sometimes get teary but then they would get back to being numb.

Steve, seeing that she didn't seem to be able to function by her own accord soon, had carried her back to the Quinjet, where Clint had already taken a dazed Natasha. Thor had come back by himself with a troubled expression not saying a word to anyone. 

No one said a word to anyone actually.

Rose didn't notice when Tony came back carrying an unconscious Bruce Banner. She vaguely remembered hearing something about a rampage. She didn't notice Tony walking towards her nor did she register she flinched when he had taken a step too fast either.

Steve just shook his head to him silently a few steps away from her, an unreadable expression on his face.

The two people who were okay were Tony and Clint, though they stared solemnly at everyone else trying to process what they had seen or wrapped up in their own prison world.

The archer was currently on the pilot seat taking them somewhere safe whilst Tony spoke to Hill about what happened with the Hulk in the city.

"The news is loving you guys," Maria Hill said through a video call. Rose barely noticed the sound waves emitting from the monitor, she didn't distinguish what she was saying. "Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

"Stark Relief Foundation?" asked Tony as Beth appeared on the screen.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Yeah...how's everyone?" Beth asked worriedly.

"Everyone's..." he thought about what to say, "we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here," Hill recommended.

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

Tony glanced at the rest of the group sighing. "Neither do we," he ended the call. "Hey, you wanna switch out?" he asked Barton after walking towards him.

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out."

Tony looked at him confused. "A few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

Tony stared at him strangely but decided to trust his judgement and secret plan. He approached his aunt carefully.

Rose was sitting the furthest from the group. She had her elbows resting on her thighs as she stared into nothing, trapped in her own mind still. Tony walked past Nat and Bruce who were sitting separately on the centre of the jet, Thor was pacing and shaking on the other side of the place. The Stark walked past Steve who was on the next row of seats near Rose.