Chapter 2

I was busy reading when the door opened. The man stepped in with matron, "The Wireless is over there in the corner just push the books out the way" Matron said before leaving. He looked over at me and gave me a smile. "You mind if I move them?" he asks pointing to the book, I shook my head. "Not at all" I respond, I get up and move them to my bed. "There isn't anything wrong with the WiFi" he mumbles, he then turns to me. "You know what happened?" he asks and I nod, "Yep" I respond sitting on my bed and pulling out my red laptop. "And that is?" he asks, I sigh. "Girls always want me to do homework for them so I decided that I would not let them go on the internet" I say typing up my homework. "Clever" he says, I smile at that. "I need to go speak to the matron" he says, I think he noticed how I froze "Don't worry I won't mention that" he tell me and I nod. "Thanks" I reply before he leaves.

My door opens and I look up to find Matron and the guy "Cassandra this is Walter O'Brien, he wants to adopt you" she says. I nod and sit up properly. "I'll leave you two to talk and even pack" Matron says before leaving, I watched as Walter looked around and picked up some of my stuff. "So Cas what do you think of getting out of here?" he asks, I nod "Its sounds great" I reply. He smiles "Want a hand to pack?" he asks, I shrug grabbing my suitcase. He helped me pack and soon I was putting my laptop in its case and heading down the stairs.

We pulled up at an apartment complex and got out, I grabbed my bag and followed Walter in. He pressed the elevator for the fourth floor and soon we shooted up, " we can get some paint and decorations for your room" he says. "Really?" I ask excited and he nods, we soon enter his apartment and I stare in awe. "Woo this place is amazing" I say, he chuckles. "Put your bags down I'll show you were you'll be sleeping" he says before leading me into a bedroom. There was a double bed in the middle of the room, a wardrobe covering one wall. Two windows rested either side of the bed, a desk was in the corner with a Spinny chair. I smiled and turned before hugging Walter, he hugged me back. "Thank you" I whisper, "You welcome Cas" he replies. I look up at him and grin. "What colour?" he ask I think for a moment. "Blue please" I say, he nods and looks around. "Right then let's go-" he stops when his phone rings. "Oh hey Happy" he says, I tilt my head to the side "Cabe wants us?" he asks there was mumbling and he sighed. "Yeah I'll be right there" he said before hanging up. "Do you think you'll be okay till I get back? I have work" he says. I nod "I'll unpack and find something to do" I say. He nods and kneels to my height. "My number is on the phone if you need me and be safe" he tells me before kissing my forehead. I wrap my arms round his neck hugging him. "Okay daddy" I mumble, I feel him smile "Okay I have to go I wish I didn't" he says leaving to the door. I wave as he leaves. I grab my bag and start to unpack.