Chapter 3

2 days later...

A knock sounds on the door and I ran over before going on my tiptoes to look through the peephole. A woman stood there. I bit my lip before opening the door slightly and looking at the woman "Um hi?" I ask, she frowned slightly "Is Walter home?" she asks and I shake my head. "He went to work" I reply. She nods. "Do you mind if I wait?" she asks, I think for a moment then open the door. She smiles and I notice how she had crutches. She sits on the sofa and I close the door before walking over and sitting on the sofa. "I'm Megan O'Brien" she said with an outstretched hand. I shake it cautiously "I'm Cassandra" I reply. She smiles "Pretty name" she says, I smile a little "I like the name Megan" I reply. She laughs a little the door opens "CAS IM BACK" I hear Walter yell. I grin and she holds a finger to her lips, I do the same and she hides behind the wall. He enters and picks me up "Daddy" I say giggling. He sits us down "So what did you do?" He asks, "I met a really cool person" I answer making him raise an eyebrow. "Yep and she is stood behind you Walt" Megan says causing me to laugh. Walter gives us both a look "Sit down Megan" he tells her. We give each other a look and pout. "You two" he says and we grin he rolls his eyes before Megan sits. "Cas my sister, Megan my adopted daughter Cassandra" Daddy says. "I guessed" Megan says. "Can we paint yet?" I ask, daddy nods "Want to help Megan?" he asks and she nods. "First paimt" he said before dragging us both to his car. We arrived at a paint store and headed straight for blue paint, Megan helped me choose because I was stuck between a turquoise blue and dark blue. We got turquoise, we then got blue curtains, blue bedding and a cool lamp. Once we had paid we got back and dad changed into old clothes so we could start. It was awesome. We had the music blasting as we painted. Somehow we managed to have a paint fight as well but it was brilliant. My room looked amazing.