chapter 9

I woke the next morning to daddy shaking me, I groaned and he chuckled "You got school today" he tells me. I pout. Yesterday I was told that I had to go to school and I really dont want to. I was soon changed in white leggins, denim shorts and a light pink top with a mostache on it. I pulled on my strap on converse before eating breakfast which was toast and orange juice.
At exactly 8:30 Paige picked me up, I had my schedule memorised and I was with Ralph in them as well. We soon reached there and got to our classes with Paige wishing us luck.
As I entered my pulse quickened the students staring at me in slight confusion, the teacher gave me a smile "Come sit down" he says indicating to a seat that wad luckily next to Ralph. Once I sat down there were a few whispers and I noticed my hands started to shake.
At breaktime I was pushed into a wall by one of the older people, Ralph frowned slightly as they crowded round me. "Look what we have here" one says as Ralph took my hand trying to pull me from where I had frozen in terror. "Looks like the little genius has an ickle crush" one says. Advancing towards us, my knees felt weak as i became more and more afraid. I shut my eyes as tears rolled doen my cheeks, "Look shes crying" another sneers before they laugh. My breath became panicked and I opened my eyes seeing spots. Before I fell and blacked out.
Walter:
Paige picked up the phone "Hello?....yes....okay...yeah I'll collect them" she says before hanging up. "Cassie had a panic attack and Ralph wont leave her alone because she is unconcious" she rushes. My eyes widen and I run to the car which Paige unlocked and strapped myself in. We quickly arrived and ran inside, Ralph sat holding her hand as she laid on a bed. "Ralph come on sweetie" Paige says. Ralph looks at us and I notice the bruise, then ones on Cas as well. I walk over and gently pick her up, we all head to the car and sit in silence the remainder of the drive.
"Ralph how did you get the bruises?" Paige asks. "The boys as school, they pick on me and found Cassie then started to pick on her she was unconsious when they kicked her a few times while hitting me because I was trying to stop them" he answers timidly. I nod and glance at my daughter who was being examined by Toby. He looked at me "She'll be okay" he tells me. He had looked over Ralph earlier and walked over. "These boys what are their names?" Toby asks, Ralph shook his head. I hear a scream and glance at my daughter, she was struggling against something. "NO! GET OUT!" She yelled, I ran over and took her hand before stroking her hair. "Cas wake up its okay" I whisper, she cries a little in what I believe to be pain. "Daddy help me" she whispers, my heart cracks as i dont know how. She screams again and squirms, suddenly cold water is dropped on her and she sits up. Tears rolled down her rosy cheeks before wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me. I sighed and pulled her onto my lap not caring about the wetness. "He came back. He wasnt supposed to" she whispered. I sigh "Its okay no one can hurt you" I whisper kissing her head. Toby sighs and I look at him holding the bucket, he shrugged and I rolled my eyes.