Chapter 6

"It was so unfair Kenny! She took my only comfort at night! She's such a cruel lady." I was too mad to even push myself on the swing.
"It sounds unfair. Your mom is a total witch" for once his hood was off while he sat on the swing next to mine. For a second, he looked like someone else I knew. But who?
"So what are you gonna do about it?"
"I don't know, maybe steal her credit card or something until she gives my thing back. I don't have many options right now. And it's all my stupid brothers fault. Just because I wouldn't let him.. play.. with me, he went and told mom on me for staying up late."
"Siblings can be tough to live with"
"Brothers are the worst! Uh- no offence Kenny"
"None taken, I completely understand. But at least we've got each other right?" I sigh and look down at the sand beneath us
"Yeah, at least I know you've got my back"
"Till death do us part"
"Thanks ken.."

When I got home I looked around in moms room for my suit. Nothing. I walked out into the kitchen feeling defeated. But when I looked on top of the fridge, there it was! She put it there because she knows I can't reach it. Dammit. Well, since I'm gonna be a villain I guess I could upgrade it. Torch is more of a wannabe anyway. I need something with a more classy color pallet. I went back upstairs and made a brand new outfit. It was still a lot like my old one, but I made some color changes and slight design changes. Torch 2.0 is up and running! Though torch doesn't sound villainy, what about.. Inferno.
"Y/N" moms knocked on my door. I panicked and rushed to get the outfit off and tossed it under my bed. When I opened the door she seemed a bit sad.
"Yes mom?"
"So.. me and your father got another call.." oh no. She fucking wasn't! God dammit!
"We're going to have to go on another trip. This time.. it'll be a month.."
"Your kidding me!! Your leaving me again?! And with B/N?!"
"I know, but we can't do anything about it. You'll just have to deal with it." This was the last straw.
"Just leave then! Cant wait to get rid of you anyway!" She opened her mouth to speak but I slammed the door and locked it before she could speak. I leaned against the door as tears started to form in my eyes. I slid down to the floor and hugged my legs. I couldn't do this again.. I just couldn't..

After about an hour, mom had just left the house. I wiped the tears from my face and stood up. I searched my shelves for something.
"I'm not gonna stand for this anymore.." I grabbed the walkie talkie off the shelf and turned it on.
"Kenny, drop everything your doing and meet me at the train station. This is important." I waited for his response while I grabbed a bag and started packing.
"Uh ok. Wait y/n were you cryi-" I shut the walkie talkie off and put that in the bag. I grabbed my piggy bank and some food from the kitchen and shoved it in my bag. Before B/N could see me leaving I took the keys and ran outside.

My cheeks were still pink from crying. It wasn't long till Kenny finally caught up from behind me.
"Y/N! Where are we going?"
"We're getting out of this stupid town." I kept my eyes forward while Kenny looked at me full of worry.
"What?"
"I'm running away Kenny, and I want you to come with me."
"Wait what?!" He moved to stand in front of me.
"Y/N we can't just leave!"
"Why not!"
"Because people would be looking for us! I have a life, you have a life. Why would you want to just up and leave it?"
"Because my life sucks, your the one good thing in it and I plan to take you with me."
"Y/N.. I-" before he could finish a sentence an ambulance drove right by us. I look down the road and see a giant fire. My parents just took off, was that them?? I push past him and run towards the fire. When I got there I recognized the car immediately. That was moms car!
"No.. no no nonononono!!" I try to run into the fire but Kenny grabbed me and held me back.
"Y/N don't!"
"But they're in there! They're gonna die!!"
"So will you if you go in there!"
"I don't care!" Tears stream down my face as I desperately tried to run into the fire.

Kenny finally managed to calm me down and wait for the fire to get put out. But when it was, a cop walked up to us.
"What happened? Are my parents ok?" I sniffled.
"I'm afraid they didn't survive.." as soon as I heard that my heart felt like it tore in half. Kenny held me as I cried into his shoulder.
"I had been so mean to them.." what was I going to do without them? It should've been me instead.. they didn't deserve this, I did.

Kenny walked me home. I still wanted to go to the train station, but he ended up convincing me not to. When we got to my door he turned to leave. I grabbed onto the end of his parka before he could.
"Kenny..?"
"Yeah?" He turned to look at me.
"Will you stay the night with me..?" It was hard to tell if the pink on my face was from crying or blushing.
"Of course I will" when we walked in B/N was on the couch. He looked over at us with a surprised expression.
"The moment mom and dad leave for their trip you bring a boy over? For shame Y/N"
"About that..."