Chapter 10

I was sitting in my throne rubbing my temples. I was trying to figure out how the hell mysterion wasn't dead. I knew his supposed power was that he couldn't die but I didn't think he was serious! Suddenly I heard someone coming up the stairs. Surprise surprise it was mister edge lord himself.
"Inferno-"
"Save it mysterion. I've got bigger things to deal with than you right now."
"I'm not here to capture you!" Suddenly he had my full attention
"..what?"
"I just want to talk"
"Why talk about anything when your supposed to be dead!" I stood from my throne
"Don't act like I didn't shoot you through your thick skull! Everyone saw it but I'm the only one who remembers!"
"You......you remember..?"
"Of course I do! Your brains went everywhere!"
"..inferno.."
"What!" All of a sudden he started tearing up
"Nobody's ever remembered before" he sniffled
"Then how come I do?"
"I..I don't know, but you don't know how happy I am to know you remember!"
"Oh save it" I scoffed
"Just because I can't kill you permanently doesn't make our rivalry any different. I chose my side and you chose yours."
"Inferno.. if you knew what I know you would be saying a whole different story.."
"Like what? That you know my secret identity and we're actually like best friends? Please, the chances of that are pretty low. There is no redeeming quality about you, besides the fact that your lowkey hot but that's a given" I rolled my eyes
"Well-"
"Just get out of here mysterion, we talked. That's what you wanted right? Now leave."
"But infer-"
"I said leave! I don't wanna see your stupid fa-"
"I know your secret identity!!" I completely stopped everything when he said that. He knew my identity? But- how? I haven't slipped up once!
"I've known since you shot me.. and if I could tell you who I am just maybe you'd forgive me.."
"..well I don't. So for now I can only keep despising your stupid face. Know my identity or not. Im tired of being nice mysterion. Everything in my life is shit. There's only one fucking person keeping me alive right now and he isn't even talking to me anymore. I'm so close to just snapping. Now if you have something life saving to tell me, better do it now or else I'm done with this conversation."
"........." he didn't say anything. He was mostly just processing what I said
"Glad we had this talk" I said as I walked past him.

I ended up pretending to be sick so I didn't have to go to school. Not like it'd make much of a difference if I was there or not.. but when the end of the day came round kenny busted into my room in a panic. I jumped and sat up in surprise.
"Kenny! What are you doing here??"
"Thank fuck your ok!" He cried
"Of course I'm ok what happened??"
"I just- you didn't show up at school and I assumed the worst!"
"Why??"
"Because you've had a lot happen recently with the move and your parents and- I wasn't there for you! I'm sorry I've been avoiding you!" Did he think I..
"Kenny it's ok!"
"No it's not ok! I should've been more considerate of your feelings!"
"It's not your job to keep me happy y'know" this was almost kinda amusing. It was sweet how much he cared. He sat down next to my bed, still sniffling a little.
"I never know whats going on with you, and you not being there made me realize how little you talk about your feelings.." I pulled the covers off of me and let my feet dangle from the side of the bed. I softly cupped his cheek and wiped his tears away.
"Cant believe your talking to me like we're a married couple," I couldn't help but chuckle a little
"But I'm not leaving you Kenny, ok? I'm never gonna be far away" all of sudden he pulled me into a tight hug with his head resting in my neck. I could feel how warm his face was from crying. With small hesitation I hugged him back gently, rubbing my hand in circles on his back. I forgot how much I liked hugs..
"I've been sick before though kenny, why is now different?" I hummed softly
"...because all that stuff hadn't happened then.. I know that you can get pretty emotional at times, sure you don't show it often but I know you do. I didn't want to lose the one person I really care about.."
"Aw Ken, gonna make me tear up here if you keep up the sweet talk" I chuckled
"But I'm serious!" He pulled away to look at me
"Y/N I don't know what id do without you! If you weren't here it'd just be me and the guys.. and that's pretty lame- besides, they don't get me like you do! Plus they don't remember when I die!" That's when we both paused. He wasn't. He did not just say that. No. Nonononono. Not him! Not kenny! I'm not ok with that!
"You- .. what did you say..?"
"I- um-" before he could respond, kyle walked into the room.
"Uh.. what are you guys doing?"
"I was just leaving!" Kenny was quick to get out of there. Kyle watched him run off while slowly setting his backpack down on his bed.
"What was that all about?" Then something clicked and he sighed
"Did he try and convince you not to do it? I kept telling him you were just sick today but he insisted that you weren't ok. The guy couldn't keep his mind off of you, it's like he has a crush on you or something" Kyle chuckled. But I just stared at the door in shock and disbelief
"..what? What's wrong?" Kyles expression turned from mockery to concern
"...um..it's nothing Kyle.. Kenny was just.. weirdly open.."