Chapter 12

As time passed me and the dog had been playing together. Mostly fetch but it also seemed to like peekaboo! I'd hide behind a pillar and jump out at it and it'd run around all happily. I also found out that it was a boy, and that he has a favorite pillar to pee on-
"We really should find a name for ya, huh bud?" I said as I sat down against the hay bale.
"Hm.. how about Sam?" (Suggested by DullFrog42 )
"Sam seems like a fitting name for an old English sheepdog like yourself" he ran around doing zoomies around each pillar
"Looks like you like that name" I chuckled. Suddenly my walkie talkie started making sound. I pulled it out from my bag to listen
"Hey Y/N..?" Kenny asked quietly from the other end. The traintracks on his side almost drowned him out. I felt almost obligated to respond, but I didn't.
"I'm not sure if you're listening.. but Yknow when we were talking?" .. yeah
"And how you said you weren't going to leave me? And that you were never going to be far away?" ...I did say that didn't I..
".." there was silence on his end for a moment. It made me want to respond instead of giving short answers in my head
"I just want you to know I forgive you for going back on that.. I shouldn't have said what I did when you've got so much on your plate. But I don't care how poorly you treated me as inferno. You didn't know it was me, but I did sorta deserve it.." he really didn't.. all he did was side with cartman.. he didn't deserve all the shit I gave him..
"I'm sorry that I was ignoring you.. when I found out you were inferno I wasn't sure how to confront you.. you were still my Y/N but, I guess I was just scared you'd hate the real me too.. you're really special to me.. and I can't help but feel that I drove you away.. I promise that when I see you again I'll be honest with you, and maybe I won't make you leave again.." oh kenny.. i finally decided to press the button
"It wasn't you that drove me away.. you could never.. I was just scared.."
"Oh! I- .. didn't think you were actually listening- you.. heard all of that?" He sounded flustered. I couldn't help but audibly smile
"Every word ken"
"Ah Geez.."
"I'm glad you said those things though.."
"Yeah..?"
"Yeah, I would come with you if it weren't for.."
"Wait- you won't come home with me?? But Y/N!"
"Not unless we can bring Sam"
"Who's Sam??"
"Oh yeah, I found this dog with no collar. I named him Sam. I'm not coming home without him."
"Ok! We- we can take him! I just want you back!" All these things that Kenny was saying to me made my stomach feel like it was tied in knots. He made my cheeks all pink and my head feel fuzzy. The way he talked like I was his.. but I should get my hopes up- god knows he only thinks of me as his friend..
"The train should be stopping around sunset. We can catch the next one back to South Park if we're fast enough."
"How do you know where I am? I don't even know"
"Well if I'm assuming you got off by day, then you should be the next stop"
"You've really put thought into this Huh?"
"Of course! Y/N you really don't get how much I care about you, do you?" My face felt all warm when he said that. I grew a lovesick grin and held onto my knees before responding back
"Why don't you show me how much you care when you see me Hm?" I teased him a little
"I- well-... o-ok! If you're so smug than I will!"
"I look forward to it"
"You better!" My tone sounded all cocky meanwhile I was smiling like an absolute dork. Again though, I shouldn't get my hopes up. He could just be flustered about showing platonic affection! What would the chances be that he... anywho, we talked to each other for a good few hours to keep him company on the train. I was also playing fetch with Sam to keep him entertained. It felt like only minutes went by when the sun had gone down. The sky was deep blue while the horizon was yellow with compliments of red and pink glowing against the clouds. And then I heard the halt of the train. I stood up and put some things back in my bag, zipping it up. My heart tugged at the thought that Kenny came all this way just to bring me back home.. I slowly stepped out of the barn, working myself up to seeing him again. Meanwhile Sam bursted through the barn doors, running around and blowing my cover. My hair gently blew in the breeze of night. My face went pink when I saw Kenny frantically looking around for me from the train cart. It was easy to tell when he spotted me. His whole face lit up with joy as he hopped down from the cart and ran over to me. I set my bag down beside me, not quite yet processing him being so happy to see me. Just then as he finally reach me he ran and hugged me at full speed, bringing both of us to the ground. Tears started blurring my vision as I tightly hugged him back.
"I missed you so much!" Kenny cried, pulling away to look at my face. He cupped my cheeks softly, admiring all my features. He gently wiped away my tears with his thumb.
"I was only gone for a day ken, I didn't think you would miss me so mu-" before I could get my sentence out his grip slightly tightened on my cheeks and he pulled me into a deep kiss!