Chapter 13

A/N: this is officially the last chapter of till death do us part. I think this is a good place to end the story. But don't worry! I'm thinking about writing a sequel of them in highschool! (Probably as seniors)

My whole face flushed a deep red. Kenny pulled away only to be met with a ridiculously flustered Y/N
"K-Kenny?!" He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks turning pink
"You told me to show you how much I care when we saw each other again. So I did!"
"I- I didn't know you felt that way!"
"Doo.. you feel the same.?" He glanced away from me all embarrassed
"No shit numb skull!" I gently punch him jokingly
"If I had known you liked me back I would've made the first move ages ago! Why'd you wait all this time!?"
"Well you gotta admit this was some pretty good timing, but I just wasn't sure! I mean I had a feeling you liked me when you called me pretty and then got all flustered" Kenny chuckled as he stood up, carefully pulling me up with him
"But then when I found out you're inferno I thought about how you might know I was mysterion and despised him so much because of that!"
"Kenny you idiot!" I yelled through a giggle, pulling him into another hug
"I wish you would've told me sooner before I decided to run off" I cooed into his neck. He was about to respond but was interrupted by Sam jumping up and down. I pulled away to introduce them
"Oh! Kenny this is Sam, the dog I told you about?"
"Do you think kyles mom is gonna let you keep the big guy?"
"She better, cuz I'm going wherever he is."
"Speaking of going, the train back to south park is about to leave! We should get on board" Kenny held onto my hand and led me to the train. Sam goofily ran after us and hopped in the train car with us.

I could feel Kenny glancing at me as I watched the sunset. The hues in the sky practically entangled themselves in my appearance. My eyes shone brightly with the glare of the setting sun. Purely for the reaction I looked at Kenny after awhile of him just staring at me. His face got warm and he nervously chuckled.
"You should take a picture, it'll last you longer." I joked
"Sorry! Sorryy, I just.." he looked away. I nudged myself closer to him until our faces were inches apart
"You just what?" It was kinda cute seeing him be there flustered one for once.
"I just- thought you looked pretty in this lighting.. not that you don't always look pretty! Because you are! Or- do! I'm sorry- I'm new to the whole relationship thing-"
"Oh really now? I didn't notice" I said sarcastically
"Ohh hush, smartass" Kenny chuckled and playfully punched my shoulder. We both laughed a little until it became a long yet comfortable silence.
"So what do we do?"
"Huh?"
"I can't be inferno anymore. Not after all that's happened. Infernos only scheme was to get rid of mysterion, you can't die and I don't want to kill him anymore for some very obvious reasons" I gave a brief chuckle
"I think I might just give up the whole super villain thing.."
"Then.. why not become a hero? Mysterions partner maybe even!"
"But we know each other's identities!"
"So? It won't effect anyone! If we just become a duo it's not like I'd be bias to anyone!"
"I dunno.. I've already gone from torch to inferno, do I even deserve a redemption arc?"
"Absolutely! Imagine how much of a comeback you could make! Sure it might be hard gaining everyone's trust again.. but you'll have mysterion by your side!" I looked off to the sunset again and smile lightly
"Maybe you're right"

We talked and talked until we got back to South Park. To my surprise kyle and his family were there, including B/N.
"Oh Y/N! We were so worried about you!" When I got out of the cart Sheila was quick to pull me into a hug.
"You guys.. missed me?"
"Of course we have!" She pulled away to look at me
"Are you hurt? I'm sorry if we've been neglecting you! I'll make sure to be more involved in your life!" She rambled on and on. Sheesh, the women cared more than my biological mom ever did.
"It's ok! Really! Kenny set me straight on the way back" I looked to the cart only now realizing that he was leaving.
"Kenny where are you going?" I walked over to his side to stop him
"I should head home Y/N, it's getting late"
"So soon?"
"I'll be free tomorrow! It is the weekend after all" he held my hands, making me smile
"Ok, but I'm picking where we go. You always pick the same place" we both chuckle. Kenny gave me a soft peck on the cheek before leaving.
"Oooooo~ someone's got a boyyfrieenndd~" B/N leaned on my shoulder
"Oh shove it!" I blushed and pushed him aside.
"Okay everyone, let's go home and have dinner! I'm sure Y/N is starving by now" Sheila said while everyone followed her home. I stayed in the back with Kyle.
"Hey Y/N, you seriously ok? Running away isn't something to be taken lightly"
"For reals kyle, I'm ok! Running away made me realize how big of a mistake it was, and Kenny gave me a good talk. I'm not amazing mentally but I promise I won't run away again."
"I'm here if you need me"
"I knowwww"

The next day Kenny and I were hanging out in my room. Kyle was out doing whatever so we had the place to ourselves. I pulled out my inferno costume and simply stared at it.
"So what do you wanna do with it? Since you're giving up the whole villain thing now"
"Hm. Burn it probably, it'd be the right way to go. Any ideas for my new hero costume?"
"Nope! But I got an idea for your new name!"
"Lemme hear it"
"Phoenix! Cuz they like- die and get reborn from the ashes! Not to mention they're whole fire thing"
"Oh that's actually an amazing idea! That gives me the perfect imagine for my new costume."
"Can't wait for mysterion to see it" Kenny grinned
"It'll be a pleasure doing business with you" I leaned against his chest, looking up at him
"In which sense?" He smirked
"Oh har har" I rolled my eyes and kiss him. Kenny pulled me in closer by my hips. I have a good feeling about this new start. Only good things ahead I hope

-Y/N