Chapter 11

Not him! Anyone but Kenny!! I paced back and forth around my room. I stayed home 'sick' again.
"Oh why did it have to be Kenny! The one good person in my life! I can never be inferno again!" I kept rambling to myself.
"I need.. I need to run away! This time for reals! Now before anyone can stop me! I'm better off alone anyway! Yeah that's what I'll do!" I grabbed my bag from under my bed. I hadn't emptied it out since the last time I tried. I ended up just staring at it with a sick feeling in my stomach. Why did leaving feel so wrong now? I.. I need to leave though! Kenny doesn't need me around. Inferno is just a no good rebel who'll only make him miserable! I pushed down the sick feeling and grabbed my bag.

Everyone was at school or work. This time I'm leaving for reals! I stood by the traintracks, listening to the rumble of the ground as a train appeared in the distance. The closer it got the sicker I felt. Tears started blurring my vision. I wiped them away fast and got ready to jump into one of the carts. The train finally moved in front of me. I ran along side it and jumped into an empty cart. My arms scraped against the wood, giving me splinters. Though those were the least of my worries. I actually did it.. I'm really leaving this time.. no one to stop me or anything. Tears blurred my sight again, filling right back up everytime they fell down my cheeks.

At time passed I'd pulled out all the splinters in my arm. It left smeared blood on my arms, they went in pretty deep. It was nighttime now. It was pretty quiet besides the sounds of the traintracks. Suddenly the walkie talkie in my bag started to go off. I pulled it out and just listened
"Y/N! Where are you?! Please don't tell me you ran away!!" It was Kenny.. it sounded like he was crying again. Hesitantly I pushed the button to talk. But I didn't say anything. I couldn't muster up the courage to talk. I let go of the button and wiped my tears.
"Y/N?! Is that the sound of traintracks?! Fuck! I'm coming to get you!!" My breath hitched when he said that. I pressed the button again, intending to actually talk this time.
"Please don't.." my voice was all scratchy from how much I'd been crying
"It's too late! I'm already on my way!" ...fuck.. why does he have to care about me so much? I treated him so poorly as inferno and he still wants me around. Maybe he just pities me.. I gently set the walkie talkie down and curled up in a ball. I don't know what to do anymore.. what will I even accomplish by leaving? I'll have even less than I did before.. no parents, no friends, nobody to look out for me.. I'll only have myself and what little food I have in my bag. This was a bad idea.. but I'm in too deep now. If I don't follow through, I'll just be a pushover my whole life. Well I'm not caving in now. Not this time. My eyes slowly close as I become more tired. I ended up falling asleep from the rumbling of the train.

When I woke up the train was stopped and it was day. I grabbed my stuff and got out before anyone noticed me. I had no idea where I was but it didn't look too different from South Park. I took a deep breath and walked into the town. Nobody seemed to pay me any mind. I wonder if Kenny will know where I am.. better yet how long will it take for him to find me? If I know him, he's not gonna stop at anything to find me. I hate how determined he can be.. it's sweet.. but also stupid! Stupid and I hate it!

I ended up stumbling upon some old Barn no one was using. I walked in and set my bag down. Wasn't that bad of shelter I guess. I sat down and leaned against a hay bale. Rustles started coming from a pale of hay in the corner. Out of curiosity I took out a ball from my bag and tossed it at the hay pile. Out came an old English sheepdog. It was fast to grab the ball and walked up to me. I backed up as far as I could. Who the hell did this dog belong to? It dropped the ball in front of me and sat down, patiently waiting for me to throw it again. Hesitantly I picked it up and threw it. The dog chased after it and slobbered all over the ball when it got it. It dropped the ball in front of me again and sat down. I eased when I realized it just wanted to play.
"Hey there buddy," I said in a soft tone.
"Where's your owner?" The dog just stared at me blankly. There wasn't a thought behind those eyes. I put my hand on it's neck, searching for a collar. It didn't have one. That means it was mine for the taking!I wasn't sure what gender it was but I'm not one to invade privacy.
"What should I name you?" I asked while petting it. The dog leaned into my touch, panting and wagging its tail happily.
"Hmm, we'll have to think about it" the dog stood up only for it to move and lay on my lap. Sure my legs were being crushed but it was too cute to move. Maybe this whole running away thing wasn't all that bad. At least now I have someone to keep me company. Kenny doesn't have to know I'm here.. well- where ever here is- I'm not actually entirely sure where I am..