{Sixteen}

Note: This chapter has daddy callings, so f you are uncomfortable with that kink or name, then you can just put it back to Dante. But this name is said a hella lotta times in this book- like a lot- so... sorry.

Enjoy my babies!

I sat on the coffee table in Dante's office, helping him file papers while he typed away on his computer. I didn't mind doing work for him. I found filing relaxing. I also found being with Dante, relaxing.

I'm too attacted to him now- I know.

A month has passed since the whole; I thought Dante hated me but then he didn't- scene.

I usually slept with Dante at nights instead of in my own bed, and he didn't mind that. It just feels better when I'm layng next to him and he's holding me.

As I was going through papers, a small receipt, fell out of the stack. Why would there be a receipt in a stack full of year papers. I picked up the small piece of paper over and read it's text.

"Dante." I said and looked up at him and he turned his head to look at me, "what would you need a- walking cane for?" I asked and he huffed and rolled his eyes in anger. Did I do something?

"It's just a stupid thing my men did." He said, "you can throw it away."

"But- why would they buy that?"

"Every year for my... birthday, they buy some stupid thing that they think is funny, or matches with my age." He explained and that just made me even more confused.

"It's your birthday?" I smirked.

"Tomorrow."

"Why didn't you say anything?!" I exclaimed.

"Because birthdays aren't that big of a deal."

"They are if you're turning old enough to need a cane."

"I'm turning 24, not 85."

"So you just freeze out your birthday?"

"Well, we used to go get drinks or whatever, but I just think that is stupid now."

"It's not stupid..." I trailed off and thought of a great idea.

"Stop scheming." He said but I ignored him.

"I gotta go." I got off the table and grabbed a blank piece of paper off his desk.

"Kitten- don't do anything stupid!" He called after me.

"Can't promise anything." I said then closed the door and ran down the hallway then knocked on Cass's door and let myself in. She sat at her desk doing some work.

"What's up girly?" She said and looked over at me.

"Tomorrow is Dante's birthday and I'm going to do something that will make him pissed. Can you help me?" I said and plopped down on her bed.

"Ooo- tough one. I don't want to get him too mad and he will kill me- but then, if you're the one who organized it, then I wouldn't get killed because he likes you- so... sure. I'm in." She got up and walked over to her bed and sat down next to me.

Both Cass and Henry have their own rooms here because they're cousins with Dante and Liv. (Only family and Alex live in the house, and also maids.)

"Okay, so he said he does drinks with the men, but he hasn't done it in like two years." I wrote that down on the piece of paper. "So we will get alcohol- well you can?" She nodded her head yes. "Oh- I got an idea but I need Liv, hold up." I quickly left Cass and went down the hallway and dragged Liv back to Cass's room without saying anything.