T H I R T Y

Since I came home earlier, I didn't have the keys. Mrs Lee had already left, I stood outside the house waiting for Jimin with my head filled with questions.

"I shouldn't have let him touch me or come this close to me, I wouldn't be hurt then," I thought as my inner goddess sighed in disappointment.

If he had feelings for Jia, why did he marry me?

I lowered my gaze and sat on the stairs. A few minutes later, it began to rain.

The image of Jia wrapping her legs around Jimin's torso was fixed in my mind and every time it flashed, I hated myself having this soft corner for Jimin in me.

Deep down I knew Jimin never liked me but I was falling. With what happened today, I don't think I want to see him anymore.

"Just a few more months and I'll leave the company and-," I snapped out of my thoughts as Jimin called my name in a low tone.

Due to the rain, I was drenched and so was he.

He took his steps closer to me, his gaze had moisture collected in them.

I lowered my lashes biting my lip to hide my feelings. I didn't want him to know I was hurt.

Even though he told me that there was nothing between him and Jia, that he liked me but after what happened today, I don't think I can accept any of those things.

"Didn't you have extra keys?" He asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I gave it to Mrs Lee this morning," I answered, fixing my gaze on the ground.

He opened the door, I crossed my arms around myself due to the cold weather and inhaled sharply.

I didn't want to discuss anything that happened today. I quickly went inside the hall, picked up my shoes to put them on the rack and hurried inside but I felt his strong arms grabbing my wrist.

The minute he touched me, I shut my eyes trying my best to prevent tears from falling.

I turned to face him and said, "I need to change, I--."

"Whatever you saw was a misunderstanding," he said still gripping into my arms tightly.

"It doesn't matter, it's alright," I said casually trying to get away from him with my head hung low.

"Don't avoid me," he growled gripping my shoulders as he pulled our wet bodies closer.

His action made me flinch. I gulped calming myself down.

"Look at me," he demanded.

"It doesn't matter what I think so, just let me go," I said struggling to get away from his grasp but instead, he tightened his arms pulling my waist towards him making it impossible for me to move.

"Let me explain," he said clenching his jaw in anger.

"I don't care whatever is between you and Jia," I yelled trying to push him away from me.

Emotions flooded in my eyes as he continued to stop me from struggling.

"Ara, listen, you're just taking it in the wrong way," he said pulling me close to him again.

"I don't care," I yelled and turned to leave but he gripped my wrist pulling me towards his chest.

"Listen to me you-," I didn't let him complete and pushed him with all my strength. 

"Don't fucking touch me," I yelled as he stood stunned.

"It's just a contract marriage, it'll get over very soon," I mumbled.

"What?" He said creasing his brows.

He pulled me closer and said gritting his teeth, "You think I'll let you leave?"

He could clearly understand how hurt I was, though the entire time he tried to explain that he wasn't at fault, I couldn't undo the fact that he and Jia were in the office together, in that position.

He came closer and suddenly, he held my chin. Lowering his head he started to kiss me hard, he was using brute force which was hurting me.

I was struggling to get away from his grip but he wasn't letting me do so and the minute I pushed him away maintaining some distance, he again held me tight not letting me leave.

In the chaos, I slapped him on his cheek as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Stop it, not everything is going to be the way you want. You married me forcefully, I never wanted to marry you," I yelled.

"Do you want both of us at the same time?" I said putting on a smirk but at the same time, my heart was breaking into pieces.

"Stop talking shit," he said gripping my face between his fingers harshly.

"You are my wife, not her despite, it was just a-," I cut him off and said, "I don't care."

With that, I ran into my room and shut the door. Leaning to the door, I ended up crying my heart out.

A minute later, I flinched as I heard the noise of a mirror breaking.

I didn't get out of the room.

I stayed on the floor for a while overthinking and wishing I had the guts to run away from the place where the marriage took place so that I wouldn't end up here.

As I stood up to walk to the washroom, my phone rang.

It was Mrs Bakes.

"Honey, you looked tensed, I was worried, is everything okay?" She asked.

For a while, I didn't speak a word.

"Ara," she said as I started to sob.

"Oh my god, honey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I just-," I couldn't complete as a wave of emotions flooded from my eyes.

"Is he not treating you well?" She asked, her voice low.

"Mrs Bakes, I think I was falling for the wrong man," I said, my voice cracking.

"Ara, come with me to Seattle tomorrow, I have some work and we'll also have a good time there. I guess you need a break. Come with me," she insisted.

"I'm sending you the tickets, meet me at the airport tomorrow morning," she said as I nodded hanging up.

-

Jimin had punched the mirror on the wall, his fist was bleeding. The entire time he wished he would just ask Jia to leave quickly instead of getting into the stupid conversation with her.

He had a clear sight of Ara's face drenched in tears in his mind and that was because of him.

He never wanted to hurt her.

Just like all the other days he spent without Ara before, drinking all night the same way he drank his sorrows away tonight as well.

He sat on the couch waiting for Ara to come out of her room just once so that he could clear misunderstandings between them politely.

He knew that he treats her coldly but his love for her never wavered.

His face sank thinking about how hurt she was. He rested his head on the couch staring at the ceiling and after a while, fell asleep in a daze.

----------

A/N:-

It's hurting, I know💔