F O R T Y - N I N E

He pulled me into a lavishly decorated room and closed the door shut with a bang making me flinch. My wrist had marks of his fingers on them, a stinging pain could be felt.

I gasped, I could sense he was burning with anger but this time, I wouldn't just be a passive listener.

"If this is about you getting jealous because I spoke to Jungkook, enough," I said.

He had a cold look on his face.

"Or what?" He asked, taking his steps towards me.

"Will you stop acting like this?" I shouted.

"I saw everything that happened and-," I cut him off and said, "If this is about Jungkook, we're over."

His eyes dimmed, his face almost lost its colour.

"What?" He said, in a low tone.

He lowered his gaze, after a long pause, he raised his head.

"It seems like leaving me is too easy for you, isn't it?" he said, pain could be sensed in his voice.

"Jungkook is a friend and-," he cut me off as he held my chin harshly with his left hand and pinned me to the wall, pushing his entire body weight on me.

"You know what, I was here to make you understand to stop being fragile when it comes to your sister. Answer back and stop letting her do whatever she wants to."

"I saw she broke the glass bowl you decorated for two fucking hours and you didn't even say a word to her. All you do is cry, let me tell you, maybe you consider her as your family but she doesn't."

"I want you to be strong, fight your own battles, Ara. I know they are your family but don't you consider me as your family now?"

His eyes had moisture collected in them.

"You think I'm jealous when you talk to Jungkook? Of course, I am, I get jealous easily. But you know what, Jungkook is my friend too, no matter what, he'll never hit on you. He's a good man and I know that" he said as he loosened his grip on me.

"I just feel you tend to become too weak when it comes to Jia and that's what I don't like. I wanted to make you understand that it's okay if you answer her back and fight where it's necessary."

He stopped for a while. My breath was unsteady, he is my family and I never wanted him to think what he is.

It broke my heart when I saw his face which had tears that he was hiding.

I tried to go closer and hug him when he stepped back.

"Leaving me is quite easy for you, if I fight or say something to you, you might end up leaving me right?"

"Jimin it's not like that, I-," he cut me off as he brushed his fingers through his hair and wiped his cheek.

The next instant, in a sharp tone he yelled, "Leave me alone, get the fuck out of here."

"Jimin, I'm not going. I'm-," I was about to apologise when he yelled, "Get out, now."

I flinched, my body trembled in fear as hot tears started streaming down my eyes.

His expressions had turned cold, emitting an overpowering pressure. He wasn't even looking at me.

I silently wiped my face and with slow steps moved out of the room.

-

As I walked through the corridor, tears weren't ready to stop.

"Seems like Park Jimin is going to be single again," Jia said as she stood in between.

I was angry, with the anger that I couldn't suppress I lowered my gaze not wanting to entangle with her.

"I'm there for him, don't worry," she said before vacating the way for me.

I couldn't control it anymore.

I turned and slapped her right across her face, didn't know where the guts came from but I was proud of myself.

"Stay the fuck away from my husband. Enough of me respecting you all the time, better stay in your lane or else next time, the slap would be harder," I said flipping my hair and storming out from Park's mansion.

All the guests gathered around Jia as she kept shouting but I didn't turn back.

I called for a taxi and sat inside.

The weather was cold, the thin maroon material of my dress wasn't much help.

"Where to, Miss?" The driver asked.

"Any hotel nearby," I replied.

-

It had been more than an hour, Ara was gone while Jimin was restless.

All that he thought about at that time was her safety.

He called Mrs Lee but Ara didn't go home. After a while, he called Mrs Bakes. He knew she would be the one Ara would go to.

"Mrs Bakes, I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour but is Ara with you?" He asked in a low tone.

"Is everything okay Jimin? You don't sound well?" Mrs Bakes asked.

"We just fought and I asked her to leave. I shouldn't have," he said, regretting.

"Jimin, I'll call her and find out where she is, don't worry," Mrs Bakes assured.

"Let me know as well," Jimin said and hung up.

-

A/N:
Did Ara overreact?

Let's see what happens next❤️🖤