F I F T Y - T H R E E

As I sat inside the car with Mrs Bakes, Fire for you by Cannons started to play and that melody made me get back to the days when Jimin had arrived at Park's corporation when I had gone for the interview.

I pressed my lips together and gulped thinking about the day when he broke into our house, slipping out of his coat, sitting on the chair with his arms to the side and a few top buttons open.

I couldn't take my eyes off him.

The day he said that he would torture me, ruin my life in front of people made me hate him so much that I didn't want to see his face.

He used to always have this cold and estranged self that would make people stay away from him but then he said, he'd mend my scars. That day, he made my heartbeat for him.

A tiny smile formed on my face as I recalled him catching me reading dirty books in the library.

Inhaling sharply, I thought about our first kiss.

The contract was just his fantasy.

I couldn't even imagine someone would have fantasies with me.

His hugs are so warm, my heart races like crazy when I smell that light lavender scent of him on his body.

His eyes turn tender as he looks at me, his stare is always intense and slightly intoxicating.

"Well, someone is definitely in love," Mrs Bakes said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I smiled.

"I love him, he's too good for me but I'm happy that he's with me," I said as there were hints of shyness in my eyes.

Mrs Bakes held my hand and smiled, "Honey, you're worth the love. You can't even imagine how happy I am for you."

Those words coming from between her teeth, it sounded like there were indications of real emotion in them.

I looked into her eyes, it had moisture in them.

Was she sad about anything?

"Mrs Bakes, are you okay?" I asked, feeling worried about her.

"Yeah, totally," she said wiping off the tear which rolled down her cheek.

Sometimes, I feel there's something more than just a relationship of a boss and a worker along with friends between us.

"I fought with Rey, that's all," she said.

"You said you liked this man," I said.

"He wants a family and I ain't interested," she said, faking a laugh.

"Who doesn't want a family, Mrs Bakes? I never asked you before but why did you leave all the guys before and now you're planning to separate from Rey as well?" I asked.

"I guess I'm happy alone," she said but her eyes didn't say the same.

"In fact, if not Rey, I'll date someone else. Though I'll turn 44 next month, I'm still hot don't you think!" She said, getting back to her bubbly personality and making me chuckle as she fixed her eyes on the road.

After having a long gossip, shopping and dinner at her favourite hotel, we went back to the library as it was time to close it.

I bought a book to read as she dealt with a few customers.

The book I was reading had informational content about women health where I read about having irregular periods.

Wait!

I have missed my periods last month and this month, it's the first week and I didn't get it even now.

"Mrs Bakes, I think I've missed my periods. It used to never happen before because they were always regular so should I consult a doctor or is this normal?" I asked as she looked at me with a stunned expression.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked as she didn't answer anything.

"Maybe, we need to go back to my place," she said and handed the keys to one of the workers and held my arm dragging me to the car.

"Mrs Bakes, I don't need a doctor now. We can go tomorrow," I said making her stop.

"You need to take a pregnancy test Ara," Mrs Bakes said making me widen my eyes.

"Pregnancy?" I said, almost a whisper.

"You're with Jimin, it might be a possibility!" She said with a huge grin on her face.

-

Mrs Bakes made me take the test and it turned out to be positive.

As I took the stick out with me, Mrs Bakes jumped out in joy.

"I'm going to be a granny, holy shit."

I smiled.

"What about Jimin? I don't know if I'm ready to take care of kids. I love children but what if-," Mrs Bakes cut me off saying, "The coolest granny is here baby," and pulled me in her embrace dancing to Harry Styles singing Golden.

"I'm seriously concerned about Jimin's reaction Mrs Bakes, what if he's not ready?" I said as she turned down the volume of the song.

"A man who loved you since childhood then married you forcefully. He endured your hate towards him, there were a dozen of things in his life but still, he found a way to get you in his life and you think that same person will not be happy when he comes to know that the girl he loves the most will now be the mother to his child," she said making me grin from ear to ear thinking about cute scenarios in my head.

"We'll go to the doctor tomorrow, together and find out more about the baby," she said making me smile.

"Until then, I'm dropping you home, talk to Jimin, tell him everything. Maybe, he'll be there tomorrow with us too," she said.

I nodded shyly.

-

As we reached home, it was still locked which meant Jimin didn't return home.

"Mrs Bakes, could you stay with me for a while. Mrs Lee has left and I don't want to stay alone," I said as she nodded.

I called him more than ten times, he didn't pick up.

He didn't respond to texts either.

All I could do was stand at the door beaming outside, looking around but no signs of him could be seen.

"I'm worried about Jimin," I said as Mrs Bakes held my arm assuring me.

"He'll be back, don't worry," she said.

Another hour passed and there were no signs of him, no reply to any texts that I sent him.

"Mrs Bakes, I can't wait anymore. It's going to be midnight. He didn't have any night shift, Yoongi sir isn't picking up as well. We should go to the office," I said, panicking.

"Ara, you're pregnant and you need to take care of yourself, it's too cold outside. I'm staying for tonight and if he doesn't return, we'll go to the police tomorrow," she said.

I wasn't getting a good feeling about him not returning home.

--------------

A/N:
Where is Jimin?