F O R T Y

*Flashback*

"I love him, Mrs Bakes, I think the distance between who we were and who we are is too great to travel now," I said halting as I lowered my gaze.

"I don't think I'll be able to go back to not loving him. If he doesn't reply to my stupid proposal tomorrow, I'll stay away from him but I'll still love him quietly, from a distance," I mumbled as a tear rolled down my face.

I quickly wiped it off my face and flashed a smile as Mrs Bakes took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Honey, love is simple so if someone is making it complicated for you, you have to let it go," Mrs Bakes said as I matched my gaze with her, my heart ached even at the thought of staying away from Jimin.

"I'm not saying that Jimin is a bad guy but if someone loves you, they wouldn't let you slip away no matter how hard the situation is," Mrs Bakes said.

I smiled as she caressed my hair.

"You say he's hiding something from you, be dramatic, get that grumpy Ara out of you and get the answers, avoid him, try grabbing his attention. If he loves you, he wouldn't be able to handle," Mrs Bakes said winking at me.

-

*Present Day*

"I know you don't like me and I understand that but I guess you need to stop treating me like your slave for sex. I know I'm married to you but I don't want to be anymore. Two weeks from now, when that contract of yours ends, I move out," I said and walked away.

Every part of me wanted him to stop me from leaving.

Tears started streaming down through my eyes. I was desperately trying to keep the tears in but the more I tried, the more the tears came.

As I reached the entrance of the parking lot, I wiped my tears and tried to keep a smile as I would get back to work but suddenly, I felt a pair of strong familiar arms grab my waist as it pulled me into his embrace keeping his hands all over me.

I struggled but his grip tightened on my body as he engulfed me in his chest pulling me closer and whispered, "I've always loved you and I constantly will."

I froze.

"Our time together has never been quite enough for me. I know I said six months would be all but no," Jimin said still back-hugging me.

He loosened his grip as I turned to face him.

"I love you Ara and I fell in love with you because of the million things you never knew you did," he said with his eyes pierced into mine. I gulped and lowered my gaze breaking the eye contact.

Silence suffused the area, it felt like time stopped. This silence seemed awkward yet beautiful because he confessed that he did love me.

He scratched the back of his nape and asked, "Can I hold your hand? I'm tired of holding so many feelings for you."

His cheesy line made me chuckle as my voice cracked.

He held out his hand waiting for me to entwine my fingers with his.

"You might hate me when I confess some more dark things to you but I want to enjoy this moment when you look that happy and with your eyes filled with affection for me," he said making me think about the times he called himself a culprit and sometimes denying that he wasn't one.

The minute I held his hand, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to his torso. 

He caressed my cheeks wiping the tears and joined his plum lips with mine to kiss me.

He started to suck on my lip making me close my eyes and surrender myself to him like always.

He swiped his skilful tongue on my bottom lip as his tongue collided with mine. It felt like I was immediately intoxicated by the taste of him.

I moaned a little in his mouth which made him grab me tighter, his hands fisted in my chestnut locks as he tilted his head to nib on my lips fiercely.

The kiss was tender yet with hunger possessing in him, he kissed me like I always craved for.

Hard yet rough, soft still passionate.

As we pulled apart, a string of love still kept us connected. I could see the desire in his eyes.

Slowly leaning up to his height, I pecked his lips.

He smirked and with a deep voice he asked, "Are you trying to provoke me?"

He pulled me back to his embrace and kissed my cheeks, my forehead making me feel like a baby.

"Sir," our driver, Mr Lee interrupted us looking at the ground.

"I want you to drive today Mr Lee," he ordered as he entwined our fingers and made me sit in the backseat with him.

Usually, he would drive but today, he sat with me as Mr Lee drove the car.

He put his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him and placed a kiss on my temple.

"Why did you take so much time to confess that you loved me? I even asked God to give you trouble sleeping at night for almost breaking my heart," I said making him smile.

"I've started sleeping better since the time you're with me," he said as I fell into deep thoughts.

"You overthink Ara. Don't you see it from my actions itself that I love you? Isn't it quite visible?" He asked.

"Assuming and confessing has a difference Park Jimin," I said scrunching my nose pouting.

"I'm not saying that I think of you constantly but I can't deny the fact that each time my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you. You are everything I care about Mrs Park," he said making me match my gaze with his.

His eyes carried warmth, they shined.

I hugged him as he held me tight in his arms.

"Do you hear those heartbeats, that heart belongs to you and only you," he said as I could hear the faint sound of his heart beating through his chest.

I tried to pull away from him after a while but he didn't let me.

"I'm not going to let you stay away from me, I'll hug you until you smell like me," he said making me giggle at those cheesy lines.

"Jimin, please know that if a relationship wants to last, it includes a lot of forgiveness. Share what you have in your mind, I might get upset but never stop loving you," I said as he took a deep breath.

----------

A/N:
I'm so in love with Jimin, aren't you?😭❤️