018 | just one night.

!just one night.

               ONE TWENTY TWO A.M. go time.

i had my bag packed, all i needed to do was tip-toe down stairs to meet renjun out the front. i had just managed to reach high enough to the ceiling to cover the lenses of the cameras that i could find, so there was no way he'd know where we had gone. and now that i could be sure that he was asleep, i was ready to make my way outside. placing my goodbye note on my bed, i picked my bags up and left my bedroom.

"you ready?" renjun whispered once i met him outside. i nodded, and turned my head back to look at the house to make sure we hadn't been noticed. "your cheek is still so red," he observed. renjun lifted his hand to my face, stroking my bruised skin which caused me to flinch slightly. "does that hurt?" he asked.

"a bit," i told him. "come on, we should get going." with that, renjun took my hand and we walked together to the train station down the road.

once we arrived, we collected our tickets for the night train that went out of town and hopped inside, choosing two seats in a closed-off booth. throwing my bags onto the floor of the booth, i sat down and immediately leant my head against the window, but as renjun sat beside me he pulled my head to lean into his chest instead. he held one arm around my waist and the other wrapped around my front, leaning his hand on my neck to play with my hair. my eyes soon fell shut, letting me fall gently asleep with the sound of renjuns heartbeat echoing through my ear.

a few hours later, we arrived on the other side of town. renjun woke me, and i opened my eyes to the sunrise leaking through the curtains of the train window.

"we're here," he whispered quietly. "let's try and get out quickly so we can avoid the rest of the crowd," he said. we stood up and he grabbed my hand, pulling me through the corridor of the train and outside onto the platform. it was surprisingly busy for barely five o'clock in the morning, but renjun kept a tight grip on my palm so as not to lose me.

we made our way out of the train station and renjun walked me to a bus stop, leaning over to look at the timetable. just as he did, the bus pulled up and we climbed on, just managing to find a spot to sit. after only one stop, it was time for us both to step off where we could walk about five minutes to the motel we'd be staying at for the day.

after collecting the keys, we walked inside our small unit, which was made of dark crimson brick with a dirty white door at its entrance. the floor creaked as we walked in, and we were both greeted with a stale, dusty smell once we entered. renjun dropped his bag on the floor and patted the bed, sending a puff of dust into the air.

"well this is..."

"glamourous," i finished his sentence sarcastically. renjun let out a laugh, which quickly turned into a yawn. he laid himself down on the bed, kicking his shoes off and turning on his side to face me.

"it's alright, we won't be here for long. just one night. we can find somewhere else to stay later," he said. "but for now let's just rest."

he ushered me over to lay down beside him. i rested my head on the pillow, cuddling myself into him and leant into his arms which wrapped around my body, keeping me warm.