7.

chapter seven:
lighthouse.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

the chateau
when amelia finished work early, sam blossom allowed his daughter to take his car to john b's, not wanting her to walk to the chateau alone.

on the way to the chateau, amelia was singing along to her favourite band, LANY, when she drove past a black truck with two men inside.

amelia felt like everything was in slow motion when she stared at the two men, who stared back at her.

when it had hit her where she had seen them before, amelia stepped on the gas, racing to the chateau.

as she pulled up to the chateau, she found her friends climbing out of john b's chicken coop.

"i-i saw the guys that shot at us drive past me and thought something happened to you guys!" amelia exclaimed as she ran to her friends and hugged them one-by-one. "thank god you're all okay."

when she hugged jj, she felt him instantly relax and pull her closer. she felt tears stinging her eyes as she pulled away from him and turn to look at her friends, "what the fuck happened?"

"i think the smugglers are looking for this." john b answered, holding up his dads compass.

amelia looked at him in confusion, "what does the compass got to do with anything?"

after her friends explained what had happened at ms. lana's, the hidden message from big john, the men storming in and breaking things in the house and then taking big johns research, the blossom girl felt sick.

she couldn't help but think about everything her and her friends experienced in the past week. they were just kids, they shouldn't be worrying about people trying to kill them over an old compass.

"i think i know what my dads trying to tell me." john b said after being quiet for a while. the four other teenagers watched him jump into the twinkie. "ya'll comin'?"

redfield lighthouse
the group of friends were now at john b's dads favourite place, the redfield lighthouse.

once amelia got out of the van, she looked at the lighthouse and remembered the time when her father and mother had taken her for a tour on a family day out.

she snapped out of the memory when she heard john b talking to jj, "right. this is what's going to happen, you're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?"