21.

chapter twenty-one:
ward killed big john?

chapter twenty-one:ward killed big john?

꧁꧂

the chateau
the next day, while pope and kie sorted out everything they needed to get the gold out of the well, amelia sat on the edge of the hot tub with jj in between her legs, the two making out.

"are you two ever gonna help?" pope asked as he rolled his eyes at the couple while kie let out a snicker, "you love birds are disgusting!"

instead of replying to the two, jj lifted his hand up and flipped them off. amelia let out a chuckle as she pulled away from her boyfriend and looked over her shoulder to her friends, "what do y'all need?"

instead of getting out the hot tub, jj grabbed another beer and cracked it open, "john b pullin' a houdini!"

"yeah, where is he?" pope asked, now sitting on the back of his dads truck.

"he's probably still fishing with uncle ward." amelia said as she jumped off the edge of the hot tub to dry her legs.

sure, she was confused as to why he wasn't here. they were getting the gold for him... and themselves.

"i got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. we gotta get this done!" pope told his friends, getting slightly annoyed.

finishing tying her shoes, the blossom girl lifted her head up to say something but stopped when she saw the routledge boy walking towards them, "woah, speak of the devil and he shall appear."

"dude, i set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything!" jj lied, making pope roll his eyes and correct him, "no, he did not! i did that!"

when getting no reply from john b, the group watched his retreating figure in confusion as he walked into the chateau.

"uh, what was that all about?" pope asked jj, who shrugged his shoulders, "i was gonna ask you the same question."

one by one, the group walked into the chateau, finding john b going through the drawers and cupboards.

"jb? what are you looking for?" amelia asked him, only to be ignore. she looked at kie in confusion, only for the carrera girl shrug her shoulders.

when seeing john b pull out the gun jj hid under the sofa, the blond stepped forward and tried to stop the routledge boy from whatever he was doing, "john b, what do you need the gun for? talk to us!"

amelia let out a gasp when john pushed jj onto the sofa, "jb, calm down!"

"what, are you jj now?" pope asked john b, trying to stop him from walking out the door, only to be pushed into the table.