20.

chapter twenty:
amelia fucking hates luke maybank.

chapter twenty:amelia fucking hates luke maybank

trigger warning: mentions of abuse.

꧁꧂

the wreck
it had been a couple of hours since amelia had last seen her boyfriend. she felt sick in her stomach, her anxiety playing up as she paced around the closed restaurant.

"look, he'll come around, all right?" john b told her as he grabbed her wrist from where he sat, stopping the blossom girl from pacing, "he's doing a jj thing."

"you think he'll go home?" kie asked, looking between her friends with a worried look.

pope shook his head as he looked out the window of the restaurant, "theres a zero percent chance that jj goes home."

"i should've fucking followed him," amelia sighed, as she ran a hand through her hair and leaned against the wall, "i'm the worst girlfriend ever."

kie let out a scoff as she looked up at amelia in disbelief, "and what would you have done, lia? he wasn't listening to any of us!"

"yeah, because you all thought it would be okay to gang up against him." amelia snapped as she glared at the carrera girl, who rolled her eyes, "yeah, because what he did was fucking stupid!"

"that's enough!" pope shouted, causing both girls to immediately shut their mouths and look at him, "lia, i get that you're upset, you have every right to be. but, jj is going to be fine, he just needs to cool off, okay?"

when amelia nodded her head, pope moved away from the window and turned to his friends, "okay, it's too dangerous to pawn this thing off to piecemeal. so, our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. bring it all up at once. put in a safe or a vault or something. i don't know. just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. i can figure it out tonight, get it done and we can be out there tomorrow morning."

"all right, let's do it." john b nodded his head, agreeing with the plan.

"what about that thing with my dad?" sarah asked john b, making pope look at him in confusion, "what thing?"

"i have to go fishing with ward." john b told his friends, making amelia look at him in disbelief.

kie, also in disbelief, turned her head towards the routledge boy and asked, "you cant get 400 mil because you're gonna go kill fish?"

"blow it off! it's 400 million in gold." pope exclaimed as amelia pushed off the wall and stood beside the heyward boy, "jb, we gotta do this before someone else finds it, because mrs crain would have called the cops. you can fish any other day."