14.

chapter fourteen:
topper almost killed john b... again

 again

꧁꧂

rixens cove
as pope changed his clothes, his friends sat around a small bonfire that john b and jj had started up.

"okay, first things first, when did that happen?" pope asked, pointing at amelia who had her head on jj's shoulder, while he had a hand on her thigh.

"wait, y'all didn't know?" kie asked pope and john b, making the two boys shake their heads no.

"wait, you knew?" jj asked the carrera girl, who nodded her head, "yeah, lia told me."

amelia lifted her head off jj's shoulder, finding him looking at her with a shocked expression. she shrugged her shoulders, "i cant hide anything from kie, she can read me like an open book." kie let out a laugh and nodded her head, "yeah, we don't hide anything from each other."

pope smiled as he looked at jj and amelia, knowing how much the two liked each other. he was happy that they finally admitted their feelings. he then shook his head, remembering why they were currently sitting in front of a campfire, "anyways, my dads already gonna kill me, so what's this mandatory meeting about?"

jj looked at john b and gave him a nod, "might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." the routledge boy looked at his friends with a smile, "you ready for this?"

amelia nodded her head as both her and kie answered with a yeah.

"so, the gold never went down with the royal merchant." john b started, making pope
roll his eyes, "oh, my god. here we go again with this."

jj raised a hand, stoping the heyward boy from saying anything else, "no, all right, wait. hear him out, all right?"

pope closed his mouth and looked at john b, who continued what he was saying, "it's been here the whole time. it's on the island."

amelia looked at the boy in confusion, "are you serious?" she asked as kie let out a laugh, "oh, my god!"

"i'd like to voice my skepticism," pope told john b, raising a hand in the air like he was asking a teacher a question. the routledge boy lifted a finger up, "i'm sure you would, pope, but can i please present you with my evidence, sir?"

pope thought for a second, then nodded his head, "proceed."

john b grabbed his bag, "all right. so, in my backpack," he grabbed a couple of papers, "i have a letter from denmark tanny."