8.

chapter eight:
admitting feelings.

chapter eight:admitting feelings

꧁꧂

the wreck
the next day, amelia had just finished work and was grabbing her bag from the locker room when her dad walked in, "hey, honey. i'm gonna wait in the car for you, okay?"

amelia gave the older man a fake smile, "okay, dad."

amelia had been in a shit mood all day.

she hadn't heard from any of her friends at all. the last thing she was told was that the gang were going to the cemetery last night and that was it.

when amelia first started working at the wreck, she would walk to work since her dad would start earlier than she did.

then one day, she found john b waiting outside her house in his van, telling her that he would be her personal chauffeur and drop her off whenever she had work.

so this morning when she walked outside her house and didn't see the twinkie, she waited for john b on her porch.

about ten minutes after waiting, amelia decided to walk to work, making her twenty minutes late.

now, imagine her shock when she walked out of the locker room and found her friends sitting around a table, joking and laughing.

it made amelia's blood boil.

she walked to the group and stood in front of them with her arms crossed, "hey! there's my so called friends!"

the laughing immediately came to a stop when her friends looked up at her.

"hey, lia!" john b was the first one to greet her.

"don't, hey, lia - me john b!" she mocked the brunette boy, who looked at her with wide eyes, "i waited for you! you could've at least called me and say you weren't gonna fucking come!"

amelia then turned to kie, "and you!" she pointed at the girl, "because you didn't come into work today, i had to do a double shift!"

when realising his daughter wasn't coming in for work, mike had begged amelia to stay back, not having anyone else to call in.

the carrera girl opened her mouth to apologise, but was cut off by the angry girl, "i'm not done talking."

amelia then turned to the blond boy, "oh, and maybank," jj sucked in a breath and avoided her gaze. everyone knew if amelia called you by your last name, she was angry.