15.

chapter fifteen:
mrs crains killed her husband?

chapter fifteen:mrs crains killed her husband?

꧁꧂

the wreck
the next day, amelia was surprised when she stepped foot into work and found out that both her and kie were working together.

not wanting to ruin the chance of them working together again, amelia made sure to keep herself busy to show mike carrera that there would be no problem with her and his daughter together.

after amelia finished getting a customers order, she walked to the counter to put the order in. when doing so, she walked past kie and john b, hearing the last part of their conversation, "tannyhill."

amelia looked at the routledge boy in confusion, "what's wrong with tannyhill?"

when grabbing drinks for jj and pope, who sat at a table near them, kie let out a scoff, "he's living with your cousin."

amelia looked at the boy in shock as john b rolled his eyes, "okay, look, the only reason i'm living there is because her dad bailed me, right? it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where i was about to go if ward didn't take me in."

"oh, that's nice of uncle ward to do." amelia shrugged, now placing the salt and pepper in their rightful spot after john b had played with them.

"hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" pope asked john b, his hands behind his head as he leaned back into the chair.

john b shrugged as he sat next to the heyward boy, "i don't know, pope."

feeling left out, amelia walked to where her friends sat and stood behind jj, placing a hand on his his shoulder. she would occasionally check behind her if the food for the customers were ready.

jj smiled at amelia and placed a hand on top of hers, giving it a small squeeze. he then turned to john b, "what about those golf carts they drive around? you get one of them?"

"does it come with a sweater-vest or do you have to buy on your own?" pope asked before john b could answer jj's question.

"look, you promised. you said you weren't with her." kie said, looking at john b with a sad look. amelia frowned, hating seeing her best friend sad.

"bro, just own it. she got you." jj told john b, taking a sip out of his drink.

kie rolled her eyes at the blond, then looked back at the routledge boy, "if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. but, i'm letting you know now that i'm not doing anything with sarah."