13.

chapter thirteen:
midsummers

trigger warning: sexual harassment

꧁꧂

carrera household
the next day, the carrera girl was getting ready for the midsummer party. she was wearing a long spaghetti strapped purple satin dress with a pink and white flower crown.

amelia was laying on her side, scrolling through her instagram in her pyjamas.

"why don't you come with me, lia?" kie stopped looking at herself in the mirror and turned to her best friend, who let out a sarcastic laugh and put her phone down, "because i'm a not kook?"

kie rolled her eyes and shouted for her mom, who ran into the room a few minutes later with wide eyes, "what? you okay? something happen?"

"nothing happened," kie let out a giggle, "i just wanted to know if i could bring lia as my plus one tonight?"

anna carrera let out a breath and placed a hand over her heart, "you scared me, kiara!"

mrs carrera then looked at amelia, "would you like to go, amelia?" she asked the blossom girl, who shook her head, "i don't want to impose, mrs carrera, besides, i'm a pogue."

"nonsense. you wouldn't impose. if kiara wants you as a plus one, then it is an invitation." mrs carrera told her.

kie began jumping in excitement, "yes, yes, yes! i want her as my plus one."

amelia gave them a small smile, "i don't have a dress to wear," she told them, getting embarrassed.

the last time amelia dressed up fancy was to one of her moms co-workers wedding and that was three years ago.

"oh, my god! i have an amazing dress that would suit you!" kie told her, running into her closet, then coming back out with a dress on a hanger, "try it on!"

amelia ran her fingers against the dress. the material was satin and the colour was emerald green.

amelia tried on the dress and looked at herself in the mirror. kie clapped her hands in happiness, "it was made for you!"

amelia loved the way the dress hugged her perfectly around her waist. she also loved how it was mid calved.

the blossom girl then shook her head, "kie, i cant wear this! it's too expensive! i would never forgive myself if i ruined it."