16.

chapter sixteen:
kie or sarah?

chapter sixteen:kie or sarah?

꧁꧂

the chateau
the group, minus john b, walked onto the porch of the chateau and waited for the routledge boy to come back from wherever he went.

amelia went to go sit on the two seater couch, but stopped when she felt a hand tugging her wrist and pulling her down.

when realising she was sitting on someone's lap, she looked back and saw jj. she raised her hand as she whacked his thigh, "you scared me!"

jj let out a laugh and pecked her shoulder, "sorry, princess."

pope let out a groan from where he was sitting on the arm of the chair the couple are on, "can y'all, like, not do that in front of me?"

jj rolled his eyes at the heyward boy, "we can do whatever we want," he said before grabbing amelia's face, pressing his lips onto hers.

pope let out another groan when the couple continued to kiss.

when hearing the porch door open, amelia pulled away from jj and turned to look at who was walking in.

the blossom girl was shocked to find john b walking in with her cousin.

sarah sat on the couch, while john b sat on the arm of the couch.

"no effing way!" kie exclaimed, walking in front of the two with a look of disbelief, "you brought her here? so what? she's in on this now?"

john b looked at his friends for help, which made amelia shake her head and pope shrug his shoulders.

"look, all i care about is her cut comes out of your share," jj told him, pointing at sarah.

kie looked back at john b, "you know, i don't remember taking a vote. this is our thing. a pogue thing!"

"i gotta say, i'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." pope admitted, making kie point at him while looking at john b, "thank you!

"when are you not uncomfortable?" john b snapped, making pope snap back,  "i dunno. i rode here on the back of jj's bike pretty comfortably."

jj nodded his head, "it's true. most relaxed i've ever seen him."

amelia remembered how much she was laughing when she saw her boyfriend pull up with pope sitting behind him on his bike.

john b sarcastically nodded his head, "that's cute, guys."

"you know we were all extremely comfortable," kie told john b before looking at sarah, "until you brought her."

"stop talking about me like i'm not here!" sarah snapped, getting annoyed at kie. "then leave!" the carrera girl argued with her, making the blonde let out a scoff as she looked at john b, "i told you."

"told him what, exactly? that you're a liar?" kie asked sarah, who snapped back, "no, that you're a shit talking bitch!"

amelia felt jj put his hands in his pocket and take out some cash out, handing it to pope, "my money's on kie."

having enough with the two girls arguing, amelia rolled her eyes, "oh, my god! stop fucking fighting!"

everyone stopped talking and looked at the blossom girl, who was rubbing her forehead from a headache that she could feel was coming.

john b nodded his head in thanks at the girl, who gave him a small smile.

john b looked at the carrera girl, "kie, you are my best friend, right?" he then looked at the girl next to him, "and sarah, you're... you're my..."

sarah gave the routledge boy a reassuring smile, "say it..." john b smiled back at her, "you're my girlfriend."

"woah, was not expecting that," amelia whispered to the boys. pope nodded his head in agreement, "oh, that's new."

"she's your girlfriend now?" kie sarcastically asked as she crossed her arms, "what was all that talk about you were just using her for information? get a map, cut her loose?"

amelia leaned her elbow onto the arm of the chair, trying to get comfortable knowing shit is about to go down.

"you said you were using me?" sarah asked john b, clearly upset. john b shook his head, "no."

"yeah, you did," both kie and pope corrected him, "you said those things."

"okay, look, love just walked in, okay? i didn't expect it. it just kind of happened!" john b snapped at his friends, he then looked at sarah, "i'm not gonna deny it, right?"

"oh, that's corny," pope whispered to jj and amelia as he pretended to vomit, making the blond boy chuckle and amelia stifle a laugh.

"look, cut the bullshit, john b. if she's in, i'm out." kie told him. john b shook his head, "kie, i'm not doing this."

"you are gonna decide!" kie exclaimed, making john b snap, "i cant!"

"i'm very interested, actually, me or her?" kie asked, giving him an ultimatum. john b shrugged his shoulders, "both."

amelia heard jj let out a whistle and whisper, "went for the hail mary."

kie shook her head and walked out of the chateau, upset with the routledge boy.

sarah turned to john b with a fake smile, it'll be cool, right?" she then stood up, "i'm gonna leave. gonna let y'all chat, let me know."

after sarah left, both amelia and jj stood up, "i'd just like to say, you handled this beautifully." the blond told john b sarcastically.

pope stood up and pointed to where kie walked, "i'm gonna go talk to kie."

john b rolled his eyes and went inside, leaving amelia and jj alone.

realising that they were alone, jj smirked at his girlfriend, "so... wanna make out?"

"jj, we're not gonna make out when our two best friends are fighting about my cousin." amelia said, looking at her boyfriend in disbelief. she then began walking into then chateau, "i'm gonna go lay down in your room."

jj looked at her retreating figure in confusion, "c'mon! i was just asking!" when amelia didn't turn around, jj ran after her and threw her over his shoulder, "it looks like we're both going to lay down!"

꧁꧂

authors note —
i know i'm late, but merry christmas my darlings!
and knowing myself, i won't be updating this book until the new year.
so i'd like to wish you all a very happy and safe new year! i hope 2022 is y'all's year!! xx