21- Forest of uneasiness

Sorry for taking so long to update, hopefully I'll update tomorrow as well and be able to update every Monday and Tuesday. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter. 

--------------------

Just as they had predicted the forest appeared to be very dense, very dark and the further they travelled in the less light shone through. The only sources of light they had were Dream, Star and the Golden apples which lay in the basket. Moon was getting increasingly anxious at this. Not because of where they were, heck this was the very forest he had decided to build his base in that other timeline that everyone appeared to have access too.

No.

He was more anxious of Nightmare. As Nightmare had proven to be a heavy sceptic of his and Stars story as to why they were there... and he had to admit, Stars quick and simple way of saying that Nim had sent them here to protect the smaller guardians had way too many holes. Holes that would be too easy to pick apart depending on the information that could possibly slip out.

Star having the same glow as Dream and the apples was one of the holes.

If it wasn't for the fact that Nightmare was hyper focused on Dream and making sure nothing around them came to attack him, he would have questioned it further. Nightmare looked over at Dream seeing that he appeared safe enough. Stuck in the middle of Star and Cross, possibly the two most capable fighters in his eyes.

"...So... where are we going?" Moon spoke up.

Star shrugged. "No clue since this doesn't look like a very good place to get food." Star scanned the area, which he couldn't see much of. "This place is just impossible to navigate."

"Yeah." Cross agreed. "Maybe we should... turn around and get out or something. This place... gives me the creeps."

Moon raised a brow. "Oh really? Well it seems rather familiar to me."

Cross stopped in his tracks, quickly turning to Moon. "...you mean this is?"

"Yep." Moon nodded soon feeling a tighter grip on his hand as he glanced down at Nightmare. "You okay?"

Nightmare shook his head. "I hate it here. Can we go now?" Nightmare asked rather quickly, like he was in a panic to get his words out as quickly as possible.

Cross nodded. "Star can we?"

"Maybe we should head to the outskirts of the forest. Since it seems more dangerous to be in the thick of it." Star nodded as he turned to his right. "Hang on a minute, I'll go climb a tree and see where we are."

"Okay, see you soon." Moon glanced up at the tree that Star was prepared to climb. Noticing that he couldn't quite reach the first branch. "Need some help?" Moon smirked over at his brother.

"...yes I do." Star sighed as he soon felt Moon pick him up. "What Moon-"

Moon sighed. "Calm down. Look can you reach the branch now?"

"Yes I can." Star pulled himself up. "Thank you very much." He had a smug look as he soon ascended up the tree.

Cross barely had to blink before Star was gone in a blur. "Woah, he's quick-"

"Yep. Looks like you'll need some training off of him." Moon smirked over at Cross.

Nightmares hand soon let go off Moon's as he went over to Dream. Quickly grabbing his brothers hand, shaking. Dream made eye contact with Nightmare sensing such anxiety and fear over him.

"Nighty, are you okay?" He held both of Nightmare's hands.

"I hate it here Dream, I want to leave... this place." Nightmare anxiously looked from his right to his left. Not entirely focused on anyone around him.