Chapter 18 - Hidden

Star looked at the blackened sky. It was dark. Late at night. A few stars were out... but that was it. He walked down the village. Houses destroyed... and by his hand. He walked down, surprised by the flowers that weren't harm at all, sat in their pots untouched by the chaos.

Star relaxed.

The weapon in his hand going to the ground. Clambering in the dimmed light. No one appeared to be there anymore. Not the knights, the villagers or Ink. Star was furious, Ink had escaped and goodness knows where he was off next.

Luckily, Moon, Cross and the boys were ahead of the game. He'd just have to catch up. Star headed up to the Tree of Feelings. He didn't know whether or not to take the apples with him... since he'd probably corrupt the negative ones and turn them positive... but he couldn't leave them there either. Since if all the positive apples were picked... it would weaken Dream's mind and he'd be more vulnerable.

Star saw a basket in the corner of his eye. He could put the apples in there right? Especially since another one was soon spotted.

If he could just get a good amount of apples to take with him. Five of each.

And of Star went to go find his brother.

Moon and Cross were still walking. The moonlight shining on them as they crossed an open field. Nightmare and Dream had fallen asleep hours ago. Moon carrying both of them in his arms. Cross had his sword out constantly. Looking behind him a lot...

"Where are we going?" Cross asked.

"Don't know." Moon replied.

Cross gave a puzzled look. "Then what about Star? How is he going to know where we are?" Cross stops for a moment.

Moon shrugged. "He'll find a way. He always does." He looked down at the two boys. "Cross do you mind taking Dream?"

Cross nods his head in agreement, picking up Dream from Moon. Dream clings onto Cross' hoodie. Since it was nice and warm and it was a cold night. Cross takes off his hoodie to wrap around the young guardian.

"Moon?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't you think we should stop? My feet hurt" Cross suggested.

Moon sighed. "Okay."

"Wait really?" Cross was a little surprised that Nightmare had agreed.

"Of course. Just find a place for us to hide." Nightmare continued turning to face Cross.

Cross glanced around. A forest wasn't too far away. They could hide in there, safely in the trees. Cross begins running over there. Accidently waking up the small guardian. Dream rubbed his eyes.

"Nighty?" He looks around. "Where are we? What where's the tree?" He's scared.

Cross was stunned. "Oh uh..." He doesn't quite know what to say.

"Don't worry Dream. Everything's okay, we're just hiding from those mean knights for a little" Moon assures patting Dreams head.

"Why?" He tilts his head. "I'm sure they aren't mean..." He mutters.

Moon shuts his eyes. "I know. But we need to make sure. Also hang onto Cross, he's gonna climb up the tree."

"I want Nighty" Dream reaches a hand towards his brother... he sounds really sleepy.

"You can have your brother once were safe in the tree." Moon states.

Dream yawns. "Okay" grabbing onto Cross jumper.

Cross turns to Moon. "Something wrong?" Moon questions.

"I uh don't know how to climb trees..." Cross mumbles embarrassed.

Moon sighs. "Okay, give me a second." Moon climbs up the tall looming tree effortlessly, putting Nightmare down. He gets Dream and transports him up there too. "Right c'mon Cross, it's time you learn the skill of climbing trees." He gives Cross a hand.

"I guess." Cross mumbles taking Moons hand.

"You sound so embarrassed." Moon chuckles, putting Cross on a branch. "Well see you at the top." He begins climbing.

"Nah I'm good." He's clinging onto the branch.

"Okay." Moons back with Dream and Nightmare. Moon looks at Dream who's still shivering even with Cross jacket. "Are you two cold?" Moon crouches down.

"I am!" Cross exclaims.

Moon sighs. But he see's Dream nod. "I feel really cold..." Dream's hugging close to Nightmare.

"Okay." Moon gives Dream his jacket too. "Try and sleep."

Dream nods, nuzzling into the jacket and shutting his eyes. Soon going into the dream realm. Moon soon feels a familiar presence not too far away...

It was Star. He had found the golden flowers left as a guide for him.

"Hey Cross. My brothers coming." Moon calls down.

Cross gives a thumbs up. He sighs in relief. "We're all back together."

"Yep." Moon looks out to see his brother. "Star!" He waves.

Star looks up and sees his brother. He waves back, heading towards the tree. The apples glistening in the basket...

----------

A slighty shorter chapter, but hey It's updated again. To make up for a lot off inactivity. 

Hope you enjoyed UwU