Chapter 2 - Strawberries

Moon and Star were of course finding it strange adjusting to their new names. Since they didn't even know why they adjusted their names and didn't tell their younger versions that they were them, but from the future.

But it ended up working in their favour. Since they were now reflecting on what went wrong in the past. And it seemed that their relationship was fine. Since the ten year old Dream and Nightmare seemed close, extremely close. So much so they still did everything together.

"I just don't know what went wrong. Why did I hate you so much?" Moon questioned as he and Star were sat under the tree, seeing Dream and Nightmare play a casual game of tag.

Star shrugged. "I have no idea." He replied. "We seem super happy." He thought out loud. "Shame our powers can't tell us their negative and positive emotions."

Moon raised a brow. "Of course. Since the positivity reader needs to actually see their emotions to believe it." He sighed irritated.

"What would you of done if you had your powers?" Star wondered resting up against the tree more.

"What do you think I would of done? I wouldn't of been calm and wouldn't of had the ability to reflect on well Nightmare." He gestured towards the small Nightmare who had just been tagged by Dream. "So I probably would of killed the tree once again."

"And with us?" Moon again paused after Star spoke.

So much so he couldn't reply at all, since he looked down towards the ground, picking at a flower. Before crushing it in his hands. Star then getting the answer that he dreaded. An awkward silence soon appeared, making it now difficult to talk too one another.

Meanwhile, Dream and Nightmare were now deciding to run around the forest. They were young kids and they usually went to go and get berries anyway. Dream was balancing on a log that had fallen other, while Nightmare walked beside him.

"Hey Night. You okay? You seem really nervous." Dream pointed out, seeing as though Nightmare was fiddling with his hands.

Nightmare snapped out of whatever trance he was in. "Huh, Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." Nightmare mumbled quickly, still avoiding eye contact.

Dream hummed not believing what Nightmare had replied with. "I know you're lying to me. So tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know." Nightmare muttered, soon feeling that Dream had jumped in front of him.

"Tell me what's wrong. You know I won't let it drop."

"Well. I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"Star and Moon. Their just really suspicious in my opinion." Nightmare answered holding his arm anxiously.

Dream nodded. "I know. But if Mum sent them-l"

"What if Mum didn't send them." Nightmare interrupted quickly. "We don't even know our own Mother, so how are we supposed to know that she would do that for us?" Nightmare continued, seeing as though Dream was about to speak.

"But, no one else knows about our Mum." Dream pointed out. "Except for us, Auntie Lanny and Uncle Quertz."

Nightmare looked to the side. "Hm." He hummed. "Do you really trust those two?" He looked other at Dream.

Dream nodded. "Of course I do!" He smiled reassuringly. "Everything will be okay Night." He quickly hugged Nightmare.

Nightmare sighed softly, hugging back. "Thanks Dream." Smiling a little in relief.

"Not a problem Nighty!" Dream took Nightmares hand. "Where were the strawberry bushes again? I want strawberries." Dream changed the subject looking around the forest.