Chapter 12 - Frustration

"Dream there you are." Star saw Ink, having a certain grin upon his face. Star could already tell that Ink had forgotten the argument they had, had before Star was brought back in time. "Me and Blue have been so worried! We almost had to fight the bad guys by ourselves." 

Star rolled his eyes in irritation, just when he was having a nice balance of both positive and negative emotions, Ink had to strut on in. "I'm not Dream." Star simply replied. 

Ink glared down. "Yes you are." 

"Who says so? My name is Star." Star gave him a shit eating grin. 

Ink sighed reaching for Stars cape and grabbing the button. "Look I ain't playing around, Dream. Since you've been gone the bad sanses have been causing more chaos! Nightmare's been taking other!" Ink said through gritted teeth. 

Star smiled. Before laughing loudly. Ink was a little startled and confused. Why would Dream be laughing at Nightmare taking other?

"Nightmare's with me, you liar." Star continued to laugh, pushing Ink to the floor, so he could continue laughing. "Wow! You always continue lying don't you!" Star held himself up by the tree, soon wheezing from how much he was laughing. 

Ink got up quickly. "I'm not lying! Nightmare's commanding the bad guys to take other!" Ink was waving his hands around. "Dream you gotta believe me!" 

Star continued to grin. "Well news flash Ink, Nightmare's here with me." Star did some jazz hands. 

Ink's eyes changed from their usual blue and star eyes, to a question mark. "What?" 

Star was getting excited, ready to prove that Ink was a huge liar. "Do you even know where we are? We're not even in our timeline! We're in a hole new one! Where me and Moon are never ever going to go through the suffering that we went through!" Star was smiling widely. Ink was slightly worried that Star was going to pop from excitement. 

"Dream are you okay?"

Star turned to Ink, so fast and so quick. "I'm not Dream anymore. I'm Star. I've already told you this." 

Ink laughed. "Ha ha, yeah and I'm Paint. Dream let's go." Ink grabbed hold of Star's arm. "Let's go back to our timeline." Ink waved his paintbrush and made a portal. 

Star kicked Ink in the stomach. "Get off of me." Star glared down. "You go back to your timeline." Star sat back down at the stump where he previously was. "I got a new duty now. A duty I really love for once. I get to re-connect with my brother so if you want to take me away. I'll kick and scream and get the Lord of Darkness on ya." 

Ink took a step back. 

Star crossed his arms. 

"Fine." Ink spat. "You'll come crawling back once you're bored." Ink walked through the portal and closed it behind him. 

Star smiled happily, giving himself a pat on the back. Before he heard another portal open behind him. "Ink. You can go now." Star sighed turning back. 

"Uh, it's not Ink." Star's eyes widened as he saw Cross. "Me and the crew have been looking for Nightmare and I saw Ink, find a picture of you and go in a portal so I tried to do the same." Cross felt a little nervous, seeing the guardian of positivity. 

Star looked at Cross. "Okay." He mumbled looking off at the village once more. 

Cross felt a little awkward at the sudden silence, before he started hearing the sound of laughter. Cross was a little bit confused as he turned in the direction of where he heard the laughter, seeing that there were two young boys playing in the field between where he was on the hill of the Tree of Feelings and a small cottage. 

"Hey Cross." Cross turned other to Star. "Don't call me Dream anymore. Nightmare doesn't want to be called Nightmare either." Star patted the seat next to him.

Cross complied and sat down, obviously confused. "Well why not? I'd like to know." 

"You see those two there." Star pointed other to Dream and Nightmare who were running around and play wrestling with Moon keeping a watchful look. Cross nodded. "That's me and Night when we were younger. Before the apple incident. And me and Nightmare have decided not to tell them." 

Cross was now even more confused. "But you and Dream look so similar. They must of connected the dots, right?" Cross said even more. 

"I know." Star continued, the sun going a vibrant orange and yellow. "But hey, it they haven't figured it out yet." Star looked towards them. "I really want them to have a happy ending, the ending we didn't get." 

Cross nodded in acknowledgement. "I understand. If I was in your position I'd do the same." clutching his heart shaped locket.

"How's the crew?" Star asked, changing the subject. 

"What, Nightmare's crew?" Cross wondered, for him today had been extremely confusing. 

"I ain't talking about mine." Star scoffed. 

"Well there worried about Nightmare, but I'm sure when I'm back I can reassure them that he's okay." Cross replied, twiddling his thumbs. 

Star smiled. "That's good." Star leaned against the tree. "So do you know how to get back?" 

"Yeah I think so." Cross replied. "Are you two ever gonna come back?" 

Star shook his head. "I fear now that me and Moon have gotten a bit of a reputation with the folks." He gestured towards the town. "I have a hunch that there planning something bad. And me and Moon want to keep them safe." 

Cross looked back other at the young Dream and Nightmare who had stopped running around and were just sat on the ground. "If you two want I can help look after them as well." 

Star gave Cross a soft smile. "Cross I'm sorry." He apologised quickly. "You might get affected by younger Nightmare's aura. And cause more harm then good." Star put an arm on his shoulder. 

"I understand." Cross said getting up. 

"Thank you for the offer though." 

"It's no problem." Cross opened up a portal. "I should probably get back, the other's might worry about me." Cross smiled. 

Star looked up at him. "Okay." 

"I'll visit?" Cross said in a questioning tone, not really sure. 

"That would be lovely." Star said, lighting up Cross' eyes. 

"Okay." Cross waved a quick goodbye, receiving one from Star. Star soon saw that Cross left soon and that was the time he had decided to leave the tree. 

He soon headed towards Moon, who was sat on the porch in a rocking chair. "So Cross arrived?" Moon said when Star sat on the other rocking chair. 

"Yeah." Star answered. "You're crew are worried about you."

"Really?" Moon chuckled. "Yeah. Hope they're doing okay." Moon added. 

"From what Cross said, I'd say there doing okay." Star replied. "He even offered to help Dream and Nightmare." 

Moon smiled. "Of course he would. He's got a heart of gold." Moon leaned back in his chair. 

"We should probably get those two to sleep." Star pointed at Dream and Nightmare who looked really tired now. 

"Do we have to?" Moon complained. 

"Yes." Star got up and went towards the two boys. Picking up Dream. "C'mon, let's get you to sleep." He began walking inside. Moon also got Nightmare and soon brought them off to bed. 

"Can we have a story?" Dream asked as Star plopped him in the bed and put the blanket other him. 

"Yeah, Moon will yell you a story." Star replied, getting a glare from Moon as he put Nightmare was put in the bed opposite to Dream, Moon putting Nightmare into bed. "Goodnight." He said in a sing song tone. 

"Good night!" Dream and Nightmare called, sleepily. Star began walking down the stairs. Dream however, got out of his bed and went other to Nightmare to hug and sleep with his brother. 

Moon got up and went to a nearby bookcase and grabbed a story book. Reading the book to the two boys as they fell asleep straight away.